New job ES&H Lead in Andaman and Nicobar Islands
Company : Bechtel
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Andaman and Nicobar Islands
Requisition ID: 237546
- Relocation Authorized: None
- Grade: 28
- Position to be Panel Interviewed? Yes
- Requisition Posting End Date:
Since 1898, we have helped customers complete more than 25,000 projects in 160 countries on all seven continents that have created jobs, grown economies, improved the resiliency of the world's infrastructure, increased access to energy, resources, and vital services, and made the world a safer, cleaner place.
Differentiated by the quality of our people and our relentless drive to deliver the most successful outcomes, we align our capabilities to our customers’ objectives to create a lasting positive impact.
We serve the Infrastructure; Nuclear, Security & Environmental; Energy, and Mining & Metals markets. Our services span from initial planning and investment, through start-up and operations. Core to Bechtel are our values – ethics, safety, quality, people, culture, relationships, innovation and sustainability, and our covenants – integrity, respect, collaboration, trust, and delivery. They are what we believe, what customers can expect, and how we deliver.
CityFibre is the UK’s leading alternative provider of wholesale fibre infrastructure and the builder of Gigabit Britain. Known for their Gigabit City projects in which they deploy next generation digital infrastructure to the public sector, businesses community, mobile operators and homes, CityFibre is disrupting a stagnant UK telecoms market and helping to spark the digital economy. With bold plans, and partners signed up, to deploy fibre direct to 8 million homes and businesses. Bechtel is supporting CityFibre to transform the digital capabilities of towns and cities up and down the country.
Bechtel has formed an alliance with CityFibre creating an integrated team that will leverage Bechtel’s mega-project expertise in project controls, construction management, contracts management and ES&H. Bechtel will focus its efforts in CityFibre’s north and southeast regions together with functional support working across all regions companywide.
Act as the Bechtel senior ES&H representative, responsible for Bechtel functional support and guidance to the CF Bechtel ES&H team
- Responsible for establishing incident reporting and escalation procedures to off-site Bechtel senior management and supporting incidents involving Bechtel LTD employees
- Develop hybrid processes to ensure both Customer and Bechtel policies, procedures and reporting requirements are complied with
- Work collaboratively with Bechtel ESH Infrastructure to implement the UK / Irelands Occupational Health and Wellbeing programme to Bechtel employees on CF
- Ensure compliance to Customer and Company plans, policies and procedures and drive a proactive approach across the programme
- Work collaboratively with the Customer functional SHE team and other SHE Managers, peers, and the supply chain
- Establish relationships and processes with the Regional teams to influence integrated team members and company employees to meet HSE objectives and goals
- Review, develop and implement a credible client HSSE Management System, which align to the customer and parent company policies, procedures, and legal requirements
- Provides an appropriate level of oversight of the management of SHE impacts associated with organisational and operational change. Establish and drive an effective risk review process
- Actively participate in incident investigations to ensure the root cause is identified, corrective actions and lessons-learned are implemented
- Support and develop best practices and lessons learnt as part of supply chain engagement, including supply chain SHE forums and focus working groups.
Preferred Skills and Qualification
A qualification in Occupational Health & Safety. E.G Masters, BSC, NVQ, NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent
- 15 years + relevant experience in SHE across major infrastructure and engineering projects, particularly in civil infrastructure and the telecommunications industry
Strong knowledge of relevant legalisation and associated H&S technical standards and HSSE Management Systems, ISO14001, ISO45001 & OHSAS18001
- Full Driver’s License that is valid in the UK
- Knowledge of forms of contract and specifications would be advantageous
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills are essential
- A positive and flexible work attitude
- Ability to handle tight deadlines and conflicting priorities
- Ability to manage meetings
- Strong computer skills including MS Office, Excel, AutoCAD, MS Project Primervera
- Health & Safety diploma or degree essential, along with circa 15 years’ experience
What we offer
At Bechtel we offer a competitive salary package with the opportunity for flexible working to achieve greater work-life balance. Employee wellbeing is at the centre of our business and Bechtel is committed to offering you the benefits and resources to live healthy lives. We can offer:
Private Medical Coverage
Life Insurance Program
Employee Assistance Program
Long Term Disability Scheme
Bechtel’s Vision, Values and Covenants commit us to the ideals of fairness, diversity, inclusion, trust, and collaboration, among others. These values help define our culture, our way of doing business, and the positive impact we aspire to make in the world through our people and projects. At our project sites and offices, we have many colleagues from different nationalities, religions, and backgrounds working together to accomplish amazing things.
Bechtel’s internal staffing policy includes the minimum time that you need to be in your current position before applying to a new position. Please refer to the applicable policy manual and ensure you meet the minimum requirements.