New job Data Analyst in Maharashtra
Company : Sterlite EdIndia Foundation
Salary : ₹55,000 a month
Location : Maharashtra
Job Description – Data Analyst
The Public Education System in India has been generating more than six billion data points on annual basis. Every education department collects data from schools in digital format under UDISE as well as other initiatives. However, efforts to initiate data analysis of the same have remained nascent. Given the wealth of data and its potential use for well-informed capacity building and decision-making processes, EdIndia Foundation has partnered with education departments of Tripura State and Municipal Corporation of Greater Mumbai (MCGM) to analyze data sets and create data-driven strategy. EdIndia is in a process of building similar partnership with education initiatives of other states as well. EdIndia intends to expand its team anchored on innovation and data analytics to create relevant data driven decision support system for government education system at scale. The analysis outcomes are integrated with mobile enabled dashboards to provide easy to understand visual insights and actionable. With significant impact made through this project in MCGM already, EdIndia intends to scale it up at national as well as international level.
Responsibilities of Data Analyst:
- Providing technical leadership in Data Analytics and Visualization of large data sets
- Designing and developing analytical models and contribute in statistical analysis of relevant data
- Handling end-to-end data import, processing and management of a huge volume of data inflow into the system from multiple sources
- Establishing the data analysis system model that enables fact-based decision making and ad hoc analysis and insight generation
- Improving and streamlining processes regarding data handling, data structure, data analysis & data visualization
- Guiding the team throughout the process and oversee the progress of the project and prepare relevant visualization dashboards for the key stakeholders including Education Department Officials
You could be a good match if you are:
- A believer in Data and its importance and their relevance: You have strong quantitative and analytical abilities, with sound understanding of data; in both traditional relational systems and present day big-data methodologies. Strong statistical background would be preferred.
- A self-starter and learning enthusiast: It is a unique project and we want to work with people who enjoy building things from the bottom up. The Data Support Project that we are undertaking is cutting edge and would expose the team members to extensive mentoring on combining data analysis and visualization with social impact. Most of the work we do has not been tried before and initiative & a learning bent of mind will thrive in the project environment.
- A friend to technology: We don’t want you to be techie or programmer but a knack to understand technology and how to use it to make oneself efficient would be very useful. Ability to understand how our dashboard works and to represent data to make critical decisions would be very useful. Exposure to Statistical software e.g. STATA, Big Data space (R, R-Studio, Python) and hands-on experience of visualising data analytics (e.g. Data Studio/Tableau) would be preferred
- A Team player: We are attempting to build a lean and flat organization. We are looking to get together with people who are more driven by passion than position or perks. Hence it is critical that one strives to add value to each team member and help everyone learn and succeed. This is essential condition to affect the mission positively
- Complete openness to open-source movement and sharing: We embrace open-source movement and all the content we create is free and open source for anyone out there. We also believe in sharing our process and what we are learning periodically to create a community of practice. An alignment to the same is something we are looking for in all our team members
Salary: Commensurate to skill-sets and experience If this excites you,
please fill in your details at https://tinyurl.com/18vo5zbv and post review if it matches our requirement, we shall contact you.
About EdIndia Foundation: EdIndia Foundation is a section 8 not for profit company focussed on leveraging technology and data analytics to create innovative solutions to impact education at scale. EdIndia has been provided incubation support by Sterlite Power Transmission Ltd. (SPTL) and its group companies
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Salary: Up to ₹55,000.00 per month
- Cell phone reimbursement
- Health insurance
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
As per Government guidelines
- total work: 2 years (Required)
- Temporarily due to COVID-19