New job Transportation Analyst in Tamil Nadu
Company : Caterpillar
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Tamil Nadu
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES :
- As Transportation Analyst, will be responsible to manage end-to-end import and / or export logistics to ensure timely delivery of materiel for smooth production.
- Ensure adherence to trade regulations, corporate policies and practices by working effectively with appropriate functional areas to maintain a high-velocity material flow.
- Manage & Control activities on material pickup, Freight Forwarding, Customs clearance & transportation activities for all import and export shipments.
- Ensure strict adherence to trade compliance & legal requirements.
- Set & measure KPI for various Service Providers & initiate corrective actions to achieve the targets
- Reduce premium freight expense, demurrage & optimize Transportation costs.
- Identifies areas of possible cost savings, service improvement with service providers and implementation of cost effective solutions.
- Liaisons with Government officials like Customs, Foreign Trade officials to maintain good relationships
- Manage re-export of surplus, rejected materials and avail duty drawback / refund
- Duty savings in using appropriate Import Export Schemes like EPCG, STPI, etc.
- Manage Insurance Claims on import and export shipments
- MIS reports
BACKGROUND /EXPERIENCE :
- Bachelors / Masters in Supply Chain, Logistics stream
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years of responsible Import / Exports job experience
- Experience in Supply Chain / Logistics or Transportation Management
- Working understanding of the various materials systems and how they interrelate
- Capable of working and communicating with a variety of company (all levels) and Supplier personnel
Caterpillar is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO).
Not ready to apply? Submit your information to our Talent Network here.