New job Supv 1, EH&S in Karnataka
Supv 1, EH&S
Company : Lam Research
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Karnataka
- Manages the environmental, industrial, health and safety regulation compliance for one or multiple facilities.
- Oversees the development, planning, and implementation of environmental, health and safety policies; develops procedures (chemical safety, ergonomics, illness and injury prevention, and building safety) used throughout the company.
- Ensures compliance with state, and local regulations pertaining to environmental safety and handles all contact with appropriate agencies.
- Oversees licensed hazardous and radioactive waste disposal and monitors waste handling.
- Develops and oversees company training programs for employees in areas such as compliance training, lab/plant inspection, hazardous material handling, emergency response, industrial hygiene, and life safety.
- Ensures appropriate corrective action is taken where health and safety hazards exist.
- Implements and sustain EHS Policies, site programs, and procedures and conformance with Lam Global EHS standards
- Responsible to Handle ~1-2 team members
- Act as Site Emergency Coordinator to execute the Emergency Preparedness Drill plan and closing the actions as outcome of the drills
- Drive & promote zero-incident EHS culture throughout the site and achieve. Lam safety Management program successes through employee support
- Drive Investigating Near miss / Incidents and find out the Root cause and Corrective and preventive actions
- Drive Environmental & Safety KPI’s
- Represents Site Ops in cross-functional team meetings and projects, that focuses on EHS
- Responsible for Risk Assessment, Job Safety Analysis, Site level Risk Assessment, Management of Change, and all applicable work permits
Other Job Responsibilities
- Experience in managing and leading EHS for entire site/Company
- Handling statutory requirements and obtains required compliance certificate CFE and CFO from PCB
- Represent Lam while handling necessary permit approval quires from government authorities
- Define and monitor metrics in line with AOP (annual operating plan) objectives
- Identify, streamline, and implements improvement in EHS process as appropriate
- Exceptional interpersonal relationship skills and professional level of emotional intelligence necessary to achieve the desired objective deliverables
- Skill in decision making and problem solving in the absence of complete or accurate data
- Stakeholder management, both within various global organizations of the company
- Years of Experience:
- 10 to 12 years of experience
- At least 8 years of working experience in EHS activities with a strong network and proven relationships
- Educational qualification: At a minimum hold
- University degree or above/ Preferably B.E / B. Tech/M. tech degree in Environmental Engineering
- Prior experience & strong knowledge related to implementation of OSHA, ISO14001 and compliance for EHS related regulations at country. State & local level
- Knowledge of Risk Assessment Processes, Various techniques of ergonomics assessments
- Knowledge of Chemicals and its safety data sheets
- Proven safety track record with experience in developing and implementing safety programs
- Knowledge of various Engineering controls, Machine Safety, Material Handling Safety
- Knowledge of implementation of Behavioral Based Safety programs to build the safety culture and develop good safety climate in the organization
- Knowledge in Lock out and Tag out procedure’s knowledge, Electrical Safe work practice, Hazardous gas management. Work at height
- Exhibit attention to detail, sense of urgency and ability to handle multiple tasks in fast paced environment
- Good presentation, Excel and communication skills
We believe it is important for every person to feel valued, included, and empowered to achieve their full potential. By bringing unique individuals and viewpoints together, we achieve extraordinary results.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.