New job Sr. System Engineer in Chandigarh
Sr. System Engineer
Company : Edifecs
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Chandigarh
Sr. System Engineer
Working under IT Management, the Sr. Systems Engineer is responsible for a full range of technologies including both virtual and physical MS Windows & Linux servers hosted on Private VMWare & Public Cloud (AWS/Azure) technologies. You will support and maintain existing private cloud infrastructure with focus on security, performance and availability. Identify and migrate suitable workloads to the cloud. Act as Tier 2 support for internal customers on issues related to VM provisioning and automation. Maintain, expand and identify gaps with VM backups systems. Automate backup and capacity reports for monthly executive review.
What you will do:
- Manage and maintain VMware infrastructure- primarily vRA (vRealize Automation), but also vCenter, NSX and vRealize suite
- Design and modify vRA blueprints
- Assist in supporting Public Cloud technologies like AWS and Azure
- Scripting and automation of repetitive administrative tasks
- Maintain and expand Veeam backup infrastructure; Assures proper backup and recovery policies and procedures are in place, recommends and makes changes as necessary; Develop, recommend, implement and routinely test disaster recovery plans.
- Manage VMware tools and hardware versions updates
- Help implement system to track and retire unused VM’s and workloads
- Virtual storage allocations and troubleshooting file level issues
- Ensure all internal, production and demo systems are secure (hardened), monitored, backed up, patched, and running efficiently
- Works with internal teams on application optimization and troubleshooting
- Optimize monitoring and alerting systems to ensure peak performance and uptime
- Lifecycle management of virtual and physical servers running MS Windows and Linux
- Plans, implements and maintains application systems and tools
- Work through change management with strict change documentation habits
- Able to perform upgrades, maintenance and troubleshooting independently
- Work through other tasks as assigned
- Should have sound knowledge and working experience in Ticketing systems
- Able to communicate well with senior and juniors regarding issues/troubleshooting etc
- Respond to outages during business and after-hours.
- Participates in 24x7 on-call rotation process
What you will bring:
- 8+ years’ experience designing, implementing and operating multi-site, high-availability, data center infrastructure and associated virtualization implementations in an Enterprise environment.
- 8+ years’ experience demonstrating expert knowledge and hands-on experience leading, configuring, managing, and implementing IT industry best practices regarding infrastructure devices; supporting mission-critical technology solutions within a complex IT applications environment; configuring and troubleshooting servers, backups, clustering, storage and email/groupware solutions; performing virtualization management, and monitoring; managing and maintaining network monitoring and health tools and tools for enterprise level maintenance and applying risk management practices at all levels of problem solving.
- 8+ years of experience working in and maintaining a 24x7 production environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent training and experience.
- Certification as a MCITP Enterprise/MCM/MCSE or equivalent system engineering expertise preferred.
- Worked on AWS/Azure/other cloud technologies and know all the end-to-end technology points for cloud-based datacenter.
8+ years supporting VMware technologies, Microsoft technologies, and Enterprise backups with at least 5 years working with vRealize Automation
- 5+ years managing HP/Dell servers and Tier 2/3 Storage infrastructure
- 5+ years with some form of scripting or automation language as well as experience using PowerShell / Unix shell and editors like vi or vim
- 5+ years providing operational and maintenance experience for hosted services
- 5+ years with cable plant, asset management best practices and equipment room design
- 5+ years in the development of policies and procedures
- Knowledge of Virtual datacenter technologies such as NSX
- Experience monitoring and managing DR sites
- Familiar with Fibre Channel, WWN numbers, SAN, iSCSI, and NAS storage
- Working knowledge of TCP/IP, DNS and routing/switching concepts
- High level experience on backup best practices and systems
- Experience working with LAMP Stack and other related Open source technologies
- Comfortable working on Change tracking, documentation and can follow ITIL framework
Qualification to enter this position requires the following skills:
- Expert skills in developing and analysing network/systems designs, technical design documents, long range technology planning, and best practices policies.
- Strong technical project management and engineering skills are mandatory.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication and presentation skills.
- Highly self-motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail.
- Mentoring junior staff members aiding in their skill growth.
- Able to effectively prioritize tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Excellent customer service focus and analytical problem solving abilities.
- Exhibit high degree of ingenuity, creativity, and resourcefulness.
- In-depth experience with configuring a variety of infrastructure management tools.
Edifecs is a leading healthcare technology company with the mission to improve healthcare outcomes, reduce costs and accelerate innovation. We empower healthcare organizations to scale the partnerships required by payment, care delivery and access reform initiatives that are redefining the healthcare industry. We are disruptors, scientists, data nerds, doctors and artists. We believe information technology can revolutionize healthcare. Edifecs has grown from a small start-up to the market leader in our space, and today boasts over 375 healthcare clients that include 25 Blue Plans, over 50 Commercial Plans, 100’s of Healthcare Providers, State and Federal agencies, along with partnership arrangements with most leading middleware stack vendors. Edifecs is regularly recognized as a leader in the Healthcare IT. We have received recognition and awards and continue to be recognized for our overall performance as a company, our dynamic workplace culture and our commitment to innovation.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Edifecs will provide reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities who need assistance applying for a job. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.