New job Sr Market Research Specialist, SRS (Technology Service Provider COE) in Haryana
Sr Market Research Specialist, SRS (Technology Service Provider COE)
Company : Gartner
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Haryana
What makes Gartner Research & Advisory a GREAT fit for you? When you join the world’s leading Research & Advisory company, you’ll be part of a team that values curiosity, expert insights, bold ideas and intellectual courage, while driving partnerships with global organizations to make the right decisions on their key initiatives. Through constant learning, discovery and collaboration, you’ll not only help clients accomplish their mission-critical priorities, but also grow your career and the scope of your impact across industries. Our culture demands dedication— and rewards it with opportunity. If you’re always looking for what’s next in business and technology, Gartner is looking for you.
Interested in learning more, view and register for any of our upcoming recruiting events here!
About this Role:
As Senior Specialist you will be involved in Gartner’s Quantitative Research analyzing Technology Service Providers (T&SPs) and their market. You will study and analyze company reports, SEC filings, investor presentations, earnings call transcripts and other publicly available information sources to build a company-specific earnings model and draw valuable market insights. You will be contributing to Gartner’s major Market Share and Forecast publications, alongside creating insightful market commentary
The job requires an open mind individual with a proactive approach, interest in learning about the latest technology trends and the ability to interpret information & market data
What you’ll do:
- Contribute to Gartner Market Share and Forecast reports through detailed research and analysis on T&SP vendors and their markets within the Software industry. This would cover analyzing their revenue and business models, product portfolio, key developments, and trends in their markets
- Develop clear understanding around the Gartner IT markets and map vendor segments to appropriate Gartner IT Markets
- Understand existing revenue estimation methodologies for private and public TSPs vendors and come up with new estimation methodologies
- Develop detailed understanding of Software market and sub-markets, covering overall market drivers, supply / demand side influencing factors, macro-economic variables
- Support Team Managers and Principals to drive content innovation, data visualization and data transformation within the team
- Contribute to forecast reports for the Software domain; assist in forecast assumptions and storyline by conducting research on influencing factors that impact end-user buying behavior and on IT vendors’ evolving business models, competitive environment etc.
- Build knowledge around all internal and external data assets and enable the team to leverage these for innovative data driven deliverables
- Contribute towards continuous knowledge sharing across the team
- Communicate and collaborate with different stakeholders including Market Leads, Market Analysts, QA CoE team members on several research pieces and processes
- Support and drive process improvement initiatives within the team
What you’ll need:
- BE/B.Tech, BE/Btech + MBA
- Graduate + MBA from leading Tier I & II - B-schools
- Post graduates/graduates with Maths, Science, Finance and Economics background (B.Sc./B.A. Economics/B.Com)
- 4-6 years of Experience in Technology Research and exposure to Software Industry
- Strong background and exposure to Research projects and Domain knowledge on Software or related markets
- General understanding of the latest technology trends and upcoming technologies and products in Software and related areas
- Training and Certifications around- technology/software or Financial analysis/market assessment techniques
- Certifications like Microsoft Certified Professionals (MCP)/SAP/VBA will be added advantage
- Thought Leadership to support and drive content within the team
- Highly analytical with excellent critical thinking skills. Ability to “Triangulate” information & facts and articulate the fundamentals of a market and what drives demand and growth.
- Strong collaboration and communication skills
- Eagerness to Learn: Showing strong awareness of the major issues across the IT industry and eagerness to learn more
- Project management experience with a group of 2-3 people
- Expert in using databases like Factiva, Capital IQ, One Source, Thomson, and others
Who you are:
- Problem solver - You love solving unstructured problems and are excited about using secondary research techniques to draw insights and answer key business problems.
- A team player - You get along well with your colleagues and are always ready to help get things done. You enjoy working on projects with multiple people and share knowledge.
- Passionate about learning - You thrive on complex technical challenges and are always eager to learn the latest tools, technologies, and techniques
What we offer:
In addition to an outstanding work environment with rapid advancement potential, Gartner research team enjoys exceptional benefits, including:
- Competitive base salary
- Inordinate work life balance
- A collaborative, positive culture
- Limitless growth and learning opportunities
Diversity, inclusion and engagement at Gartner:
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, caste, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Gartner affirmatively seeks to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity and values diversity and inclusion.
Gartner is an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified applicant with a disability and unable to or limited in your ability to use or access the Gartner’s career webpage as a result of your disability, you may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at +1203-964-0096 or by sending an email to Applicant.Assistance@gartner.comJob Requisition ID:54625
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.