New job Senior Systems Engineer in Tamil Nadu
Senior Systems Engineer
Company : Intelsat
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Tamil Nadu
Your role in helping us shape the future:
Intelsat Inflight has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Systems Engineer. You will be part of a team responsible for keeping the organization’s network operating efficiently and securely with a primary focus on maintaining the office intranet. This is a hands-on role and requires administration and operational knowledge in traditional network discipline.
Are you up to the challenge?
You will be a crucial working member of multi-disciplinary, highly skilled technical teams fuelled by passion for their problem-solving capabilities and provide high quality technical solutions and services that deliver business value and drive continuous improvement across the organisation.
Can you drive these processes?
- Drives configuration, debugging, and support for infrastructure
- Documents, reviews and ensures that all change control processes are completed
- Install necessary system software, hardware, and equipment both physical and virtual as the need is met
- Knowledge of virtualization concepts, storage, and network technologies in a Hyper-Converged Hybrid Cloud (Nutanix AHV, VMware, Azure,AWS)
- Identify and implement automation opportunities
- Work along cybersecurity to maintain and follow network security best practices
- Architecture and buildout of new offices
- Familiarity with Wireshark, Iperf, netstat, nmap, etc.
- Understanding of TCP/IP and other networking services: DNS, WINS, DHCP, and Routing
- Uses monitoring tools to proactively troubleshoot issues and drive them to resolution
You should definitely have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Information Systems or related field experience
- 5+ Years’ experience in corporate infrastructure, security concepts, and platforms
- Strong knowledge of enterprise cloud services and solutions including Microsoft Azure and AWS IaaS, PaaS and SaaS is desired.
- Ability to document and design in Visio network topologies and architecture.
It would be nice if you had:
- Related systems certifications (Microsoft, AWS)
What it’s like to work with us:
Intelsat is connecting the world and transforming the satellite landscape by reaching beyond the traditional satellite industry. We are defining new products that will open new, profitable markets. To help us reach this goal, you should be a bold thinker who will perform a key role in shaping Intelsat innovation for years to come.
- We emphasize personal and professional growth
- Awesome benefits including Leave Benefits, medical and training
- Fun, diverse, and inclusive culture
We’re Intelsat Inflight, the inflight internet company. We believe the internet should do everything it does on the ground, in the sky. Our worldwide inflight Wi-Fi services have made internet and video entertainment a regular part of flying. We are a diverse and mission-minded group of professionals all working together in extraordinary harmony. We connect the aviation industry and air travelers with innovative technology and applications, and we do it all in a high-energy environment that welcomes the next challenge. Be prepared to join a performance-obsessed team that is passionate about bringing the internet to every device, every flight, everywhere.
- These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees assigned to this job.
- Company description: Intelsat is the largest provider of fixed satellite services worldwide. We enable providers of media, telecom and government services to deliver information and entertainment to people at home, in the office or on the move. On a day-to-day basis, Intelsat supplies video, data and voice connectivity in approximately 200 countries and territories for approximately 1,800 customers, many of which Intelsat has had relationships with for over 30 years. Some of the world’s leading media and communications companies, multinational corporations, Internet service providers and government/military organizations hallmark Intelsat’s customer base. Customers access capacity through extensive service offerings, which include transponder services, hybrid managed services combining satellite capacity and terrestrial facilities, and channel services.