New job Senior Executive Procurement in Uttar Pradesh
Senior Executive Procurement
Company : British Council
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Uttar Pradesh
Location: Noida, South Asia, IN
Company: British Council
We work in two ways – directly with individuals to transform their lives, and with governments and partners to make a bigger difference for the longer term, creating benefit for millions of people all over the world. We help young people to gain the skills, confidence and connections they are looking for to realise their potential and to participate in strong and inclusive communities. We support them to learn English, to get a high-quality education and to gain internationally recognised qualifications. Our work in arts and culture stimulates creative expression and exchange and nurtures creative enterprise. We connect the best of the UK with the world and the best of the world with the UK.
These connections lead to an understanding of each other's strengths and of the challenges and values that we share. This builds trust between people in the UK and other nations which endures even when official relations may be strained. We work on the ground in more than 100 countries. In 2019-20 we connected with 80 million people directly and with 791 million overall, including online and through our broadcasts and publications.
- Act as a key interface between the vendors and internal customers
- Ensuring the right product availability as per internal customer requirement
- Partnering with vendors, sourcing and other planners to identify and reconcile gaps and
- Discover profitable suppliers and initiate business and organization partnerships
- Prepare contracts and maintain contract register and manage the governance around it.
- Manage purchase related (MIS) reports
- Handling all purchase requisitions
- Follow up for product and service deliveries
- Maintain the cost benefit sheet
- A knack for negotiation and networking
- Identify alternate vendors
- Review vendor/ supplier proposals
- Continuously monitor supplier performance
- The role holder is expected to maintain documentation to provide an audit trail of all communication during the procurement process
- Procurement Management
- Strong negotiating skills
- Vendor management
- Contract Management
- Document management
- Knowledge of SAP
- Ensure that their workforce are aware of the information security policies and comply with them
- Ensures that the team complies to ISO 27001 and IGA related requirements
- Send account opening requests effectively
- Disable accounts immediately for leavers and Absconders /on long leaves
- Document and monitor / review access levels of his/her team
- Provide security awareness and education to team
- Manage Records to ensure compliance to Freedom of information act
- Ensure incidents of their respective functions are closed within SLAs
- Understands basic contracting terminology and uses this appropriately
- Have basic understanding of tendering and procurement procedures
- MIS and Reports
- Maintain, update and generate reports as required in all areas of spends and savings.
- Demonstrated track record of delivering procurement savings and efficiencies. Understanding of commercial aspects of procurement.
- Demonstrate strong negotiation skills
The British Council has Disability Confident Employer Status. We offer a guaranteed interview scheme for disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria for the role. Applicants are encouraged to highlight any specific requirements or adjustments needed to enable participation in the recruitment process.
The British Council is committed to safeguarding children, young people and adults who we work with.
Please note: Applications to this role can only be considered when made through the Apply section of our careers website. Our ‘ASK HR’ email is only to be used in case of a technical issue encountered when applying through the careers website. Emails with supporting statements and CV/Resumes sent to this email address will not be reviewed and will be deleted.