New job Research & Documentation Associate in Delhi
Research & Documentation Associate
Company : United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Delhi
- Carry out policy research, communication activities and participate in developing new project concepts.
- Prepare reports for submission to various donors, government counter parts and other stakeholders with inputs from various teams.
- Work with an emerging and dynamic team to document programme and project impacts and communicate to relevant stakeholders.
- Establish/maintain an up-to-date documentation centre/repository for publications, press releases and feature stories, as well as photographic and audio-visual materials of studies conducted.
- Participate in analyses and development of targeted policy publications and other project outputs such as discussion briefs, new media pieces and visual material.
- Assist in the monitoring and evaluation of various activities and programmes in the policy unit.
- Establish and maintain a database for easy retrieval of knowledge products, photographs and videos (in consultation with the project managers).
- Assist in maintaining partnerships with policy actors and decision makers, such as government agencies, private sector, and regional/international development agencies.
- Support the development and implementation of an effective communication strategy for the team
- Prepare progress reports, meeting agenda, briefs and other relevant documentation etc.
- Gather content to write human interest stories and other advocacy/information materials in all media formats as appropriate for the website and newsletters
- Develop email newsletter in collaboration with the communication team and develop and send out approved content updates for social media channels such as Facebook and Twitter as needed.
- Any other relevant work assigned by the supervisor
- Understands the main processes and methods of work assigned
- Possesses basic knowledge of organizational policies and procedures relating to the position and applies them consistently in work tasks
- Strives to keep job knowledge up-to-date through self-directed study and other means of learning
- Demonstrates good knowledge of information technology and applies it in work assignments
- Uses information/databases/other management systems
- Provides inputs to the development of simple system components
- Makes recommendations related to work procedures and implementation of management systems
- Excellent working knowledge of MS Office-Word, Excel, Access, Power Point, e-mail applications etc.
- Good facilitation and communication skills
- Excellent writing and presentation skills
- Researches best practices and poses new, more effective ways of doing things
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Reports to internal and external clients in a timely and appropriate fashion
- Organizes and prioritizes work schedule to meet client needs and deadlines
- Establishes, builds and sustains effective relationships within the work unit and with internal and external clients
- Responds to client needs promptly
- Ability to liaise and work with people of different background
Min. Academic Education
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Sciences, Public Policy or any other related field of study.
- Master’s or Post Graduate Diploma will be considered as advantage.
Min. years of relevant Work experience
- At least five years practical professional work experience in the social development sector.
- Experience on documentation of programme/ project results with excellent writing skills is essential.
- Prior experience working with UN, Government agencies on similar role is desirable.
- Experience in writing research articles in a team for published documents.
Experience in coordinating the Monitoring of programmes and projects
Important applicant information
All posts in the SC categories are subject to local recruitment.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.