New job Programme Traffic & Logistics Manager in Andaman and Nicobar Islands
Programme Traffic & Logistics Manager
Company : Bechtel
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Andaman and Nicobar Islands
Requisition ID: 235496
Requisition Posting End Date: 07/14/2021
Bechtel are recruiting for individuals to help deliver a critical defence infrastructure project in the Plymouth area of the UK. You will be part of a team entrusted with the success of what is a high-profile and nationally-important undertaking, working in a highly-collaborative partnership with our client and supply chain colleagues. Our responsibilities span engineering, procurement, construction and commissioning phases, delivered with a focus on safety, environmental sustainability, energy efficiency, and modern engineering and construction methodologies. Experience of the defence and nuclear sectors can be helpful, but we are equally interested in the ability of candidates to apply broader experiences in a new environment.
The Programme Traffic and Logistics Manager will have a direct reporting line to Site Construction Manager and a matrix reporting line to the GBU Construction function.
- Supervises logistics for the construction site (including welfare).
- Responsible to ensure the safe, timely, and economical operation of site facilities, and movement of equipment, materials and personnel to meet project requirements.
- Works with client and other stakeholders to establish optimal logistics procedures that comply with the wider secure/operating site environment and which comply to local planning authority constraints (traffic volumes / timings, parking limitations, materials movement routings, etc).
- Supports the onboarding of Bechtel, Client and Contractor personnel.
- Ensures the timely and accurate completion of construction site performance reports to satisfy project information requirements including, but not limited to;
- Daily/weekly site labour returns
- Environmental performance data
- Waste consignments
- Construction temporary facilities, welfare, office maintenance and safety routines
- Logistics data (advance notifications, log of completed materials & plant deliveries etc
- Provides input on estimates, transportability, service, and terms and conditions analysis as requested to assist with project proposals, materials/equipment purchases, and the selection of FM and Logistics service providers.
- Prepares contract documents and technical bid analysis of relevant tenders for provision of FM and Logistics services for approval by project and/or client management.
- Supports negotiation of FM and Logistics services agreements to maximize commercial and technical interests. Represents Construction FM & Logistics at supplier/contractor kick-off meetings. Maintains oversight of FM and Logistics service providers.
- Develops Facility Management & Logistics costs, job-hour requirements and reports for project or functional budget formation and management.
- Conducts annual performance reviews and assists with development plans for assigned personnel.
- Ensures safety and environmental requirements are integrated into all FM & Logistics activities.
- Significant UK experience in managing Construction site facilities and logistics
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or Supply Chain Management in addition to 13 years or more of progressive, relevant work experience.
- In lieu of a degree, 19 years of progressive, relevant work experience including but not limited to general procurement, material management, contracts administration, supply chain management preferably in construction and/or operations environment.
The position is open to United Kingdom (UK) Nationals only. UK/US dual citizens may be considered.
This position is also subject to a successful interview and agreement upon terms and conditions of employment. Candidate must be able to obtain an SC security clearance.
Experience in supervising direct staff and providing oversight of hard and soft FM suppliers and contractors
- Demonstrated knowledge of UK Construction H&S standards and welfare requirements
- Strong stakeholder management skills
- Understanding of environmental issues in major construction projects
- Skill in the preparation and presentation of oral and written reports.
- Knowledge of Bechtel Construction and Procurement policies and procedures
- Experience in construction facilities management and logistics in high security environments e.g. Defence or Nuclear or equivalent.
- Knowledge of marine work, hazardous materials and waste management
- Familiar with Principal Contractor duties under CDM 2015 as regards site facilities e.g. welfare, traffic management etc.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain SC-Security Clearance
What we offer
At Bechtel we offer a competitive salary package with the opportunity for flexible working to achieve greater work-life balance. Employee wellbeing is at the centre of our business and Bechtel is committed to offering you the benefits and resources to live healthy lives.
We can offer:
- Private Medical Coverage
- Life Insurance Program
- Pension Scheme
- Employee Assistance Program
- Long Term Disability Scheme
Bechtel’s Vision, Values and Covenants commit us to the ideals of fairness, diversity, inclusion, trust, and collaboration, among others. These values help define our culture, our way of doing business, and the positive impact we aspire to make in the world through our people and projects. At our project sites and offices, we have many colleagues from different nationalities, religions, and backgrounds working together to accomplish amazing things.
Shaping tomorrow together
Bechtel is one of the most respected global engineering, construction, and project management companies. Together with our customers, we deliver landmark projects that foster long-term progress and economic growth. Since 1898, we’ve completed more than 25,000 extraordinary projects across 160 countries on all seven continents. We operate through four global businesses: Infrastructure; Nuclear, Security & Environmental; Energy; and Mining & Metals. Our company and our culture are built on more than a century of leadership and a relentless adherence to our values, the core of which are safety, quality, ethics, and integrity. These values are what we believe, what we expect, what we deliver, and what we live.
Bechtel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, disability, citizenship status (except as authorized by law), protected veteran status, genetic information, and any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.