New job Program Manager in Tamil Nadu
Company : SOUTH INDIA AIDS ACTION PROGRAM
Salary : ₹4,00,000 a year
Location : Tamil Nadu
South India AIDS Action Programme
Vacancy: Program Manager
Job Nature: Full time
South India AIDS Action Program was established in 1992 to primarily engage with most affected communities of sex workers, sexual minorities and People Living with HIV/AIDS. SIAAP has grown in strength over the years and now address issues around sexuality, sexual and reproductive health and rights, GBV and mental health. The focus has been among adolescents and sex workers. The span of work is from grassroots to global, with critical engagement with policy makers and key actors in finding solutions. SIAAP offers immense opportunities for professional and personal growth in an ethical, nurturing and supportive environment.
We are looking for a Program Manager for the programme focus on building agency of Female Sex Workers (FSWs) and improving their access to quality Sexual and Reproductive Health and Mental Health services. The Program Manager will be responsible for project planning and management, building alliances with relevant agencies including CSOs, policy makers and movements, monitoring program implementation, and developing and strengthening advocacy initiatives.
· Project planning and management
· Ensure project deliverables, timelines and budgets.
· Evaluate challenges of team members/project, thinking critically about potential solutions, and developing an appropriate response to challenge.
· Conduct skill building sessions with sex workers on selected thematic areas.
· Building alliances with other people movements
· Train and supervise project staff and stakeholders.
· Prepare reports for the organization and external donors.
· Building consensus among stakeholders and ensuring their active engagement.
· Be a keen advocate and develop advocacy plan and materials
· Develop and utilize media brief and media meetings, policy briefs and policy engagement
· Represent SIAAP in formal forums and meetings of the State and National Government
· Develop national and global alliances with relevant agencies including CSOs and policy makers.
· Help to develop training curriculum and provide training for staff and stakeholders.
· Prepare research reports on conducting research and plan and prepare for publication
Professional experience – essential
- At least 5 years’ experience in development sector
· Experience in managing teams, Meeting project deliverables, budgets, timelines
- Experience of managing and developing a team
- Experience of working with partners and external stakeholders
- Experience in writing project and donor reports
Qualifications, Skills and Competencies
· Preferably female, under 35 years of age
· Advanced degree in psychology / anthropology / gender studies / development
· Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
· Writing reports, Developing literature review, case studies, AV materials, training curricula, manuals, SOPs, research reports, policy documents, media articles,
· Developing Infographics
· Proposal development
· Developing advocacy initiatives and materials for sex workers.
· Sound computer skills, including use of internet and MS office software
- Scope: Full time
- Remuneration: Commensurate with the candidate’s skills and experience
- Location: Chennai/Madurai
- Minimum commitment: Two years
- Frequent travel within the state
Interested candidate, may apply for the above positions with a cover letter and comprehensive CV. Applicants should submit their CV with essential details such as name, age, educational qualification, job history, total work experience, current location, language proficiency, current/last drawn salary, expected salary, willingness to relocate and notice period. Shortlisted candidates will be acknowledged and called for further selection process.
Last date: July 25, 2021
Application Deadline: 25/7/2021
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: From ₹400,000.00 per year
- Health insurance
- Evening shift
- Morning shift