New job Placements/Corporate Relations in Rajasthan
Company : Indian Institute of Management Udaipur
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Rajasthan
Indian Institute of Management Udaipur (IIMU) is looking for bright Doctorate/Post-Graduate for the role of “Head-Placements/Corporate Relations” purely on contract basis for a period of three years initially and renewable based on the performance and need to the Institute of the position:
- The candidate should hold Post-Graduate degree or equivalent in any discipline from any recognized university.
- The candidate must have experience in industry / academia related to placement activities, corporate liaising, marketing, generating leads for campus recruitments and branding of the Institute with overall coordination of the placement process.
- A post graduate degree with relevant work experience in any IIMs/ prominent B-schools in India and abroad of national/international repute of a minimum of 5 years is desirable and may be an added advantage.
- A highly motivated person with a pleasing personality and strong people skills.
- Prior experience in handling team size of 15-20 people with direct reporting.
- Should have excellent analytical abilities with a command on the market conditions and be an effective leader with high degree of personal drive, entrepreneurial spirit & people skill.
- He/ She should be proficient in man-management with excellent interpersonal skills and ability to network with employers to create enhanced opportunities for employment.
- Post qualification experience at an Officer/Chairperson cadre and above of at least 7 years in placement activities out of which 5 years in independently handling placement functions of a reputed Management Education Institute / University / College / Commercial organization of national / international repute. Preference shall be given to the candidate having at least 5 years' experience in handling placement of any IIMs / prominent B-school.
- To present the institute through professional client relationship to corporates.
- To contact companies and invite them to the campus or to arrange for the campus placement activities.
- To coordinate with industry on behalf of the Institute.
- To coordinate with students and be sensitive to their needs and motivate them.
- To work closely with the Students, Learning & Development for competency mapping, career counselling, if necessary.
- Managing the placement team, monitoring, and coordinating activities of the team
- Providing mentoring, capacity building and handholding support for placement activities
- Connecting with corporates & inviting various organizations for placement
- Driving the team to mentor students to identify employment options that match their career interests
- Networking and establish contacts with business and industry.
- Taking charge of maintaining & verifying employer database(s), student data and generate relevant reports.
- Identification new corporate opportunities - initiating dialogue, maintaining database of the companies with all the key persons responsible for recruitment.
- Identify new national and international employment opportunities by establishing and maintaining productive institute-employer partnerships.
- Maintaining database of periodic meetings, keeping relationship, liaison with the companies.
- Arranging Guest Lectures/Conclaves/Seminars/Conferences from Corporates and Industry to strengthen the industry linkages with various direct and indirect knowledge exchange routes.
- Ability to plan and execute placement targets successfully in a time-bound and disciplined manner as per the academic calendar of the Institute.
- The candidate should be well versed in marketing the institute with the external stake holders.
- Any other functions or additional duties that may be assigned from time to time & may warrant
- The candidate should have good communication skills (both written & verbal), interpersonal skills and multi-tasking abilities.
- Good knowledge of MS-Office (Excel, Access, Word, Power Point) and other computer related tasks is essential.
- Planning & organizing skills, Ability to do multiple-tasking, Team working skills,
- Problem solving skills, Analytical Thinking, Process Oriented thinking
- Ability to prioritize work opportunities in the department.
- Excellent inter-personal skills, communication skills - both written and verbal, ability to interact with faculty, external agencies effectively, draft letters etc.
General Instructions to the candidates
- The completion of the period of contract will not confer any right for further extension, regularization, permanency at the Institute.
- The candidates applying for the above post should ensure that they fulfil all the eligibility conditions for the post. Their admission to any stage of the selection process will be purely provisional subject to confirmation that they satisfy the prescribed eligibility conditions. Mere issue of interview call letter to the candidate will not imply that his/her candidature has been found eligible.
- Candidates must be citizens of India. Persons who have migrated from Pakistan with the intention of permanently settling in India or subjects of Nepal are also eligible, but in their case a certificate of eligibility from the Government of India will be necessary for appointment. Such candidates should apply to the Government of India in the Ministry of Home Affairs for necessary certificate and furnish satisfactory proof of having so applied.
- The prescribed qualifications are minimum and unless specified, they are required for consideration for the post, even if higher qualification has been acquired and the mere fact that a candidate possesses the same will not entitle him/her for being called for interview.
- Relevant experience gained after the minimum qualifying degree will only be taken into consideration. Minimum requirements of qualifications and/or experience can be relaxed in respect of exceptionally outstanding candidates.
- The Institute reserves the right to restrict the number of candidates for written / skill test / interview to a reasonable limit based on qualifications, level and relevance of experience higher than the minimum prescribed in the advertisement and other academic achievements. The Institute also reserves the right of rejecting any or all the applications without assigning any reasons, therefore.
- Calling a candidate for test/interview merely indicates that it is felt that he/she with others may be suitable for the post and conveys no assurance whatsoever that he/she will be recommended or selected, or his/her conditions specified in the application will be accepted.
- Candidates will be short-listed for Test/Interview based on the information provided by them in their online applications. They must ensure that such information is true. If at any subsequent stage or at the time of Test/Interview any information given by them or any claim made by them in their online applications is found to be false, their candidature will be liable to be rejected.
- The Institute shall verify the antecedents or documents submitted by a candidate at any time at the time of appointment or during the tenure of the service. In case, it is detected that the documents submitted by the candidates are fake or the candidate has clandestine antecedents/background and has suppressed the said information, then his services shall be liable to be terminated.
- In case of any inadvertent mistake in the process of selection which may be detected at any stage even after the issue of appointment letter, the Institute reserves the right to modify/ withdraw/ cancel any communication made to the candidates.
- Candidates may send testimonials from persons intimately acquainted with their work and character. If the applicant is in employment, he/she should submit testimonials from the most recent employer or immediate superior as a referee.
- The Institute has a right to decide the mode of screening and testing the applicant for short listing and selection.
- The Institute solely reserves the right not to fill any advertised position without assigning any reason.
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
- No correspondence whatsoever will be entertained from candidates regarding conduct and result of test/interview and reasons for not being called for interview. Canvassing in any form will be a disqualification.
- The crucial date for determining the eligibility criteria for all candidates in every respect shall be the prescribed closing date for submission of online application.
- The Institute strives to have a workforce which reflects gender balance and women candidates are encouraged to apply. Women candidates on a career break and wish to re-start their careers are encouraged to apply.
- Any corrigendum/clarifications on this advertisement, if necessary, shall be uploaded on website and no separate communication will be sent for this purpose.
- The last date for submission of online application is 23rd July 2021.