New job Officer, Wealth Management Ops in Tamil Nadu
Officer, Wealth Management Ops
Company : Standard Chartered
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Tamil Nadu
Job: Private Banking and Wealth
Primary Location: Asia-India-Chennai
Employee Status: Permanent
Posting Date: 14/Jul/2021, 2:36:06 AM
Unposting Date: Ongoing
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
- Receive and process all purchases/ sell /switch trades and settle daily with the appropriate outside custodians
- Prepare and wire transfers for all trade settlements, meeting very strict time deadlines.
- Ensure all corporate action events, including income events, are captured, and validated.
- On a daily basis ensure that all corporate action events across all markets and asset types (Equities, Fixed income and Mutual funds) are correctly processed, reviewed and reconciled as necessary in accordance with procedures and event deadlines.
- Identify all eligible holders and ensure to distribute notifications related to corporate market events.
- Monitor the Corporate Actions throughout the business day and, in conjunction with team members, effectively manage processing volumes over futures periods.
- Investigate reconciliation discrepancies on a daily basis ensuring all discrepancies are resolved and cleared at the earliest opportunity
- Ensure the appropriate restriction status of entitlements is maintained in the client’s applications through interaction with custodians and update.
- Manage any queries received from various internal and external parties.
- Interact with other teams and the third parties/custodians as appropriate.
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group’s Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank’s Conduct Principles: [Fair Outcomes for Clients; Effective Financial Markets; Financial Crime Compliance; The Right Environment.] *
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Candidates should possess a good understanding of Financial Markets with a minimum of 1 to 2 years’ experience in Custody environment//wealth management operations process.
- Understanding of the trade lifecycle of the securities trade process.
- Experience within a Corporate Actions environment would be an advantage but is not essential for this role as training will be provided.
- Good knowledge in excel is mandatory
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages. We welcome conversations on flexible working.