New job Nuclear Safety Engineer in Andaman and Nicobar Islands
Nuclear Safety Engineer
Company : Bechtel
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Andaman and Nicobar Islands
Requisition ID: 235523
Requisition Posting End Date: 07/15/2021
Bechtel are recruiting for individuals to help deliver a critical defence infrastructure project in the Plymouth area of the UK. You will be part of a team entrusted with the success of what is a high-profile and nationally-important undertaking, working in a highly-collaborative partnership with our client and supply chain colleagues. Our responsibilities span engineering, procurement, construction and commissioning phases, delivered with a focus on safety, environmental sustainability, energy efficiency, and modern engineering and construction methodologies. Experience of the defence and nuclear sectors can be helpful, but we are equally interested in the ability of candidates to apply broader experiences in a new environment.
Safety Case Engineer (Nuclear)
This position is for a Safety Case Engineer who will work a multi-year United Kingdom (UK) nuclear infrastructure programme for which Bechtel will provide PMO (including Project, Engineering, Commercial and Construction Management) services. This programme involves a multi-billion investment in nuclear and non-nuclear facilities.
The Safety Case Engineer will provide technical input for development of the safety case for a major construction and engineering company to develop business opportunities within the United Kingdom. The individual will also provide technical development and leadership to a in developing safety cases, representing the project to the regulators and interfacing with engineering to support long range design and engineering support. The candidate will develop schedules and support regulatory approaches to accomplish project mission. The Safety Case Engineer will conduct periodic assessments of nuclear safety and communicate regularly with clients and regulators to enable project mission.
The position is open to United Kingdom (UK) Nationals only. UK/US dual citizens may be considered. The work will be performed in various locations across the UK.
This position is also subject to a successful interview and agreement upon terms and conditions of employment. Candidate must be able to obtain an SC security clearance.
- Provide detailed technical input in the development of the nuclear safety cases including periodic reviews.
- Develop resource loaded schedules for safety case development in support of project milestones.
- Interface with engineering, clients, and regulators regularly to discuss progress, receive feedback, and ensure customer satisfaction with safety case approach and development.
- Contribute to engineering design in the development of systems involving nuclear safety requirements to ensure safety case is optimized with design.
- Develop business opportunities within the UK for future nuclear safety case work.
- Develops staffing plans and schedules and ensures work assignments support project milestones.
- Proven experience in developing and successful delivery of Safety Cases to regulators, including development of practical approaches to issues, negotiate acceptance, and satisfy established requirements.
- Understanding of the site license conditions and pertinent nuclear safety requirements with an ability to anticipate license changes necessary to enable effective project execution.
- Knowledge of how safety controls are implemented and maintained within the safety case and the application of safe operations practices including temporary shielding, containment and other measures for radiological control.
- Operational experience with the kinds of plants and facilities associated with the safety case.
- Understanding of engineering design processes and configuration management practices.
- Knowledge of Nuclear Safety Processes and Standards
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering or related field from an accredited university or college.
- Ideally will have worked within a licensee organization with direct experience of interfacing with regulators – including in the delivery of major capital projects.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain an SC Security Clearance
Will have overseen safety case development and approval for relevant kinds of nuclear facilities for nuclear projects.
- Will have previously undertaken a project in a role in development of a safety case and interfacing with external safety case consultants and regulators.
- Will be experienced in working as part of a management team delivering major infrastructure, i.e. capital value >£500M TIC.
- Must be able to complete a pre-employment drug screen and background check.
- Experience facilitating multi-discipline meetings to resolve technical and related requirements compliance issues.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Previous qualification as Engineer, Senior Reactor Operator, or similar for the particular plant design for the safety case activity.
- Professional or Charter Engineer License/Qualification
- Must be able to obtain and maintain SC-Security Clearance
Grade 26: A Bachelor's degree in Nuclear Engineering or other engineering fields from an accredited college or university with a minimum of 9 years of relevant experience.
Grade 27: A Bachelor's degree in Nuclear Engineering or other engineering fields from an accredited college or university with a minimum of 13 years of relevant experience.
What we offer
At Bechtel we offer a competitive salary package with the opportunity for flexible working to achieve greater work-life balance. Employee wellbeing is at the centre of our business and Bechtel is committed to offering you the benefits and resources to live healthy lives. We can offer:
- Private Medical Coverage
- Life Insurance Program
- Pension Scheme
- Employee Assistance Program
- Long Term Disability Scheme
Bechtel’s Vision, Values and Covenants commit us to the ideals of fairness, diversity, inclusion, trust, and collaboration, among others. These values help define our culture, our way of doing business, and the positive impact we aspire to make in the world through our people and projects. At our project sites and offices, we have many colleagues from different nationalities, religions, and backgrounds working together to accomplish amazing things.
Shaping tomorrow together
Bechtel is one of the most respected global engineering, construction, and project management companies. Together with our customers, we deliver landmark projects that foster long-term progress and economic growth. Since 1898, we’ve completed more than 25,000 extraordinary projects across 160 countries on all seven continents. We operate through four global businesses: Infrastructure; Nuclear, Security & Environmental; Energy; and Mining & Metals. Our company and our culture are built on more than a century of leadership and a relentless adherence to our values, the core of which are safety, quality, ethics, and integrity. These values are what we believe, what we expect, what we deliver, and what we live.
Bechtel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, disability, citizenship status (except as authorized by law), protected veteran status, genetic information, and any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.