New job Material Planner- Bogie in Andhra Pradesh
Material Planner- Bogie
Company : ALSTOM
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Andhra Pradesh
We create smart innovations to meet the mobility challenges of today and tomorrow. We design and manufacture a complete range of transportation systems, from high-speed trains to electric buses and driverless trains, as well as infrastructure, signalling and digital mobility solutions. Joining us means joining a truly global community of more than 38 900 people dedicated to solving real-world mobility challenges and achieving international projects with sustainable local impact.
About Alstom in India
Alstom has established a strong presence in India. Currently, the company is executing metro projects in several Indian cities including Chennai, Kochi and Lucknow where it is supplying Rolling Stock manufactured out its state of the art facility at SriCity in Andhra Pradesh. In the Mainline space, Alstom is executing Signaling & Power Supply Systems for the 343 Km. section on World Bank funded Eastern Dedicated Freight Corridor. Phase 1 in the construction of the new electric locomotive factory for manufacturing and supply of 800 units of 12000HP locomotives is also complete at Madhepura, Bihar while the depot at Saharanpur, Uttar Pradesh is ready to commence operation. Alstom has set up an Engineering Centre of Excellence in Bengaluru, and this coupled with a strong manufacturing base as well as localized supply chains, is uniquely positioned to serve customers across the globe. Today, Alstom in India employs close to 3600 people and in line with Government of India’s ‘Make in India’ policy initiative, Alstom has been investing heavily in the country in producing world class rolling stock, components, design, research and development to not only serve the domestic market, but also rest of the world. www.alstom.com/ India
Hierarchical reporting to Procurement Manager
Network & Links
Functional support teams (Planning, Projects, SPC & WH, Logistics, Sourcing, Quality, Production, Finance, Industrial, Engineering, Supplier development)
Suppliers, Other Alstom Sites, Transport Control Towers
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE :
Secure the delivery of parts procured on his/her supplier’s portfolio with on time delivery in order to serve the production and comply with stock level targets.
- Communicate and update AT needs to his/her supplier’s portfolio.
- Anticipate, track and analyse supplier’s acknowledgement.
- Anticipate potential Missing Parts and mitigate delivery issues through dedicated action plan.
- Monitor supplier’s commitment, deliveries and performance.
- Oversee vendor payments.
- Ensure the ERP logistics parameters accuracy for supplied articles. Align with the logistics specifications defined with the suppliers and the existing Supply-Chain rules such as: ABC classification, logistics flow type, stock target, lot size, delivery frequency, dynamic safety stock.
- Define priorities and anticipate missing parts with suppliers based on ERP related alert messages.
- Set-up appropriate routines with suppliers in order to communicate the needs and follow the last commitments. Responsible of proper contacts frequency and place (if needed he will organize a visit to the supplier's site; escalate to global sourcing team in case).
- Make sure the latest delivery information is available to all other functions inside the ERP.
- Define the appropriate logistics specification recommendations to be set in the ERP in order to comply with the
stock targets and logistics constrains.
- Contribute to procurement center daily 5 minutes meeting and monthly QCD review. Identify the potential
shortages that will be covered by a procurement center action plan. Define the priorities to secure the production and escalate to Management when needed.
- Secure that the agreed Non-conformities delivery lead time is fulfilled by the supplier and manage the quantity and documentation claims until complete solving.
- Contribute to the Missing Parts root cause analysis and take subsequent mitigation actions on own scope.
- Make sure that the parts are delivered on-time in full and control the supplier delivery performance - define an
improvement action plan with the supplier when needed.
- Closing the DIP on time & ensure there’s no invoice >7 days.
- Oversee vendor payments by maintaining a tracker.
Qualifications & Skills:
Education & Experience
- 4-6 of Experience in procurement in an organization using SAP.
- Graduation in Engineering / Supply Chain / Business Administration
- Experience of working in a similar corporate environment.
- Working Knowledge in SAP (Experience in SAP MM module mandatory)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and experience managing and/or using a wide array of communications tools
- Excellent communicator, Strong collaboration skills
- Focus on process improvement
- Language Skills: Proficient in English, Hindi language
- IT Skills: MS office tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Supplier OTIF / Missing parts / Inventory Coverage on his suppliers’ portfolio.
- QCD indicator / ERP alert messages / Suppliers confirmation level.
- Deploy Kinaxis / ASCOT / ETA Management
- Identifying Top Worst / Best suppliers, MOM, Improvement plans
- Enhance procurement cycle
An agile, inclusive and responsible culture is the foundation of our company where diverse people are offered excellent opportunities to grow, learn and advance in their careers. We are committed to encouraging our employees to reach their full potential, while valuing and respecting them as individuals.
Job Segment: ERP, Bank, Banking, Supply, Logistics, Technology, Finance, Operations