New job Manager Facilities in Goa
Company : CommScope
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Goa
In our ‘always on’ world, we believe it’s essential to have a genuine connection with the work you do.
Job Location : Goa
CommScope is a global innovator in broadband technology. Our team collaborates with leading Service and Content Providers to build entertainment and communication solutions that are personalized and mobile. At CommScope, we are constantly redefining connectivity to power a smarter, simpler, more connected world. CommScope customers include service providers (cable, broadband, telco, satellite), commercial verticals, small enterprises, and the people they serve. We win when our customers win…and that drives everything we do.
What Is Expected: Provides leadership and support by managing all daily operations required for the maintenance of grounds, building, utilities, facilities, security and hygiene.
Manages facilities team, contractors and relevant vendors such as security and housekeeping
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manages, supervises, directs and develops Maintenance Team to provide 24x7
- Manages resources to ensure spares, consumables and tools are available to maintain all plant and utilities at the site
- Ensure that all components of the facility building, grounds, utilities, etc. are maintained in a clean, controlled, hygienic condition. That they are always fit for purpose and in an acceptable and presentable condition.
- Carry out repairs and minor installation on process machines for B.U.’s as required to appropriate standards.
- Maintain all facility equipment to latest safety & pollution control standards such as ISO 14000.
- Interfaces with Government agencies such as P.C.B. factory inspectors etc. to ensure compliance reporting as required.
- Ensures that power is available to the facility 24*7 by either Government supply, independent contractor supply or by generator supply.
- Takes appropriate action (in consultation with Facilities Management) to conduct investigations and services as deemed necessary.
- Negotiate and appoint housekeeping contractors and supervise their activities and performance in carrying out their duties in maintaining the facility, building, grounds to highest hygiene standards.
- Ensure that housekeeping consumables are available to maintain hygiene standards.
- To carry out routine inspection of toilets, canteen, locker rooms, utility room, gate house, etc. to maintain highest standards.
- Responsible for the treatment and disposal of any effluent in line with current legislation and the maintenance of the Effluent Treatment Plant.
- Responsible for the disposal of any scrap (and all) or waste material (excluding process, BU materials), expeditiously, safety & economically.
- Prepare monthly reports on power, diesel, gas, water consumption etc. & report to management.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Managing Director or as project team member as required.
Education and Qualification
Preferably Bachelor’s in related curriculum such as BE or B Tech in Civil / Mechanical with 15+ years of relevant experience.
You will Excite us if you have:
- 33KV license.
- Proven working experience in a similar role in a senior position
- Strong technical knowledge with understanding of Civil, Structural, Electrical, mechanical, HVAC works
- Hands-on experience of plant & machinery
- Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills
- Self starter and team player
- Resource management.
- Computer literate, knowledge of Excel, Word, etc.
- Expertise in MS Project–Professional Project.
- Conversant with CAD drawing.
CommScope is on a quest to deliver connectivity that empowers how we live, work, and learn. Our employees push the boundaries of communications technology that enables game-changing discoveries like 5G, the Internet of Things, and gigabit speeds for everyone, everywhere. With our unmatched expertise in copper, fiber, and wireless infrastructure, our global clients rely on us to outperform today and be ready for the needs of tomorrow.
If you want to grow your career alongside bright, passionate, and caring people who strive to create what's next…..come connect to your future at CommScope.
CommScope is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO), including people with disabilities and veterans. If you are seeking an accommodation for the application or interview process, please contact us to submit your request at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also learn more about CommScope’s accommodation process and EEO policy at careers.commscope.com/eeo6251162511