New job Disaster Management/Risk Assessment Specialist in Goa
Disaster Management/Risk Assessment Specialist
Company : Vision Planning and Consulting, Private Limited (VPC India)
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Goa
Vision Planning and Consulting, Private Limited (VPC India) specializes in planning, disaster management, grants management, and capacity building. VPC India prides itself in providing top-notch disaster management services to the Federal, state, and local governments, as well as academic and institutional clients. We work closely with emergency management agencies, planning departments, ad hoc committees, the public, and other stakeholders to ensure our planning processes are inclusive and integrated. Our staff comprises experts in the GIS, emergency management, information technology, hazard mitigation and capacity building.
VPC is seeking a suitable candidate to fill a Disaster Management & Risk Assessment Specialist position and establish VPC in the Asian disaster management market. The position provides an opportunity to work with some of the top disaster management experts from the US. The position involves plan writing, risk assessment, surveying, and other relevant work for a variety of projects in the disaster management arena.
The Disaster Management Specialist will work closely with VPC Management to define long-term strategic goals for the company, build a customer portfolio in disaster management, identify business opportunities, and research and write plans.
The ideal candidate would possess 2-4 years of disaster management experience.
- Conduct research and develop disaster management plans at the state, district, ward, and village levels.
- Using the science-based risk information, make recommendations for risk-informed decisions and management practices to disaster management authorities, development agencies, as well as communities and the private sector.
- Analyze potential impacts from the estimated hazard and vulnerability for different development sectors, considering the various multi-hazard approaches.
- Conduct technical training on preparedness for hazards.
- Analyze relevant science-based information to create hazard zonation maps.
- Collaborate with Government officials, NGOs, and other stakeholders at the International, National, Sub-national, and Community levels.
- Work with the VPC team to develop proposals to develop disaster management plans that speak to the client’s needs, concerns, and objectives.
- Work with the VPC team to conduct field surveys according to the client’s need.
- Participate in corporate functions and external events, as required.
- Attend events and conferences, and learn new techniques being used in Disaster Management and Risk Assessment.
- Utilize project resources efficiently and manage project budget/finances.
- Located in Goa.
- Familiarity with disaster management and risk assessment concepts.
- Willingness to travel to other cities to conduct training and other company events.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university, preferably in planning, disaster management, or relevant fields.
- Excellent analytical and communications (oral and written) skills.
- Ability to multi-task and work effectively under pressure and with deadlines.
- High degree of attention to detail.
- Public speaking, research, and writing abilities.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Teams, Adobe PDF, Zoom, project management software, and Microsoft/Google Suite products.
- Master’s degree in planning, disaster management, or relevant fields.
This is a full-time staff position and includes compensation that is competitive in the private market. Employment with VPC is at-will, the employee and VPC each have the right to terminate the relationship at any time, with or without cause or notice. Likewise, the position requirements, terms and conditions of employment, compensation, and benefits are subject to change at any time with or without cause or notice and to the extent that is consistent with the applicable laws.
4-6 lakhs INR per annum
All applicants for this position should send:
- A cover letter addressed to VPC that describes why you are best suited for this position in 200-300 words.
- A resume demonstrating relevant qualifications and experience.
Job Types: Full-time, Regular / Permanent
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Flexible shift
- Monday to Friday
- US shift
- Temporarily due to COVID-19