New job Director, Office of Undergraduate Admissions and Financial Aid in Gujarat
Director, Office of Undergraduate Admissions and Financial Aid
Company : Ahmedabad University
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Gujarat
Designation: Director, Office of Undergraduate Admissions and Financial Aid
Function: Office of Undergraduate Admissions and Financial Aid
Reporting to: Vice Chancellor, Ahmedabad University
Level: Director of Activity
The Director will strategize, manage and execute the admissions process from point of creating awareness to inquiry through enrolment of students in the University. The position offers an opportunity to work with a highly collaborative team with a wide array of responsibilities in a highly innovative academic environment. This includes planning, guiding & implementing admissions outreach strategies to increase awareness, building the University’s brand and strong relationships to enrol academically bright students pan India and select locations abroad. The Director is a very important ambassador of the University in the external world.
Ahmedabad University is a private, non-profit University that offers students a liberal education with a focus on research-driven and project-based learning. https://www.ahduni.edu.in/
- Build the value of the university in the minds of students and parents with an aim to bring the brightest and having the most potential for an Ahmedabad Education to the university;
- Develops admissions organizational strategies by contributing information, analysis, and recommendations to strategic thinking and direction; provide leadership in establishing functional objectives in line with University’s objectives.
- Plan and execute the Admissions & Outreach program, by organizing, participating and doing follow-up with selective high schools, partaking in different Education Fairs, Seminars & Conferences.
- Direct Campus Visits, Open Houses, Webinars, Workshops and other outreach events for prospective students and families.
- Interpret the University and its offerings to prospective students and their families, primarily through one-on-one discussions and tours of various Institutions while having thorough understanding of admission policies, university policies, regulations, and degree requirements.
- Drive Special Outreach/Pipeline programs for under-represented students.
- Work with members of the administration, student ambassadors and faculty to organize specific efforts during the admissions process.
- Responsible for executing strictly merit based selection process with absolute integrity and rigor and to recruit the students as planned without compromising on pre-set standards.
- Work with the communications function in the development of promotional materials (newsletter, presentations, brochures, poster, website, social media announcements, application instructions, videos etc.) that interpret the school to prospective and admitted students, high school educators, parents and the campus community.
- Conduct regular evaluation of the to measure success and for continuous improvement of services, Prepare and maintain statistics regarding enrolment, geographical distribution of students, financial aid, outreach efforts and attrition. Interpret these statistics, when appropriate to the administration.
- Drive continuous flow of quality applicants to the university by analyzing trends in enrolment and admissions related marketing activities and presenting new strategies for the university's admissions and outreach.
- Enhance admissions functions and university reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests.
- Build strong digital presence for admissions.
- Develop out-of-box innovative admissions practices.
- Must be able to understand the Ahmedabad University purpose, strategy and ways of thinking.
- Must have exceptional presentation/public speaking skills, make a strong, positive representation of the University and attract the right students for the University.
- Requires strong interpersonal, motivation and influencing skills.
- Strong English communication and writing skills.
- Ability and willingness to work with a high degree of interaction involving the public and university faculty/administration.
- Self-Motivated and be able to work independently and as a team member, fostering teamwork.
- Possess professional demeanour & friendly/congenial personality with goal delivery orientation.
- String engagement with technology and the digital world.
- Open to travel extensively and effectively work with people from diverse backgrounds.
Qualification: Post Graduate in communications, public relations, commerce/business/marketing or related field at least 12 years of relevant experience.