New job Director-Government Affairs in Haryana
Company : Amex
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Haryana
You Lead the Way. We’ve Got Your Back.
At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. Whether we’re supporting our customers’ financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining what’s possible — and we’re proud to back each other every step of the way. When you join #TeamAmex, you become part of a diverse community of over 60,000 colleagues, all with a common goal to deliver an exceptional customer experience every day.
He/she will be responsible for developing and executing an effective government relations strategy in support of the Company’s businesses in India, driving AXP’s engagement with policymakers and other stakeholders in the market. He/she will report to the London-based VP, Head of International Government Affairs and work very closely with, and directly support, the AEBC (American Express Banking Corp.) India CEO in defining the Company’s position on policy matters with Government authorities & regulators.
- Drive AXP’s engagement with policymakers and other key stakeholders in India to defend and promote the Company’s interests.
- Build relationships that enable AXP to effectively engage the policy and strategy teams at main regulatory bodies, including with the RBI, relevant Ministries (Finance, Electronics and Information Technology, Housing and Urban Affairs, etc.), and elected officials and staff in Parliament & government.
- Monitor developments in Indian national and regional policy related to payments and other areas that may impact AXP’s business.
- Develop policy positions on key issues, make them relevant and compelling to stakeholders by conducting research, preparing communication materials, hosting events, etc.
- Provide senior counsel to business leaders on relevant policy issues.
- Ensure effective AXP representation in the main trade bodies, including Indian Banks Association, NASSCOM, Internet and Mobile Association of India, Payment Council of India, and India Payments Network Risk Forum; support business leaders’ participation in trade and industry bodies, including by improving the Company’s ability to monitor developments, influence and engage policymakers through these industry groups.
- Represent Amex with key US-focussed membership associations, including US India Strategic Partnership Forum, the US Consulate, US Trade Representative, and the US-India Business Council.
- Drive strategy across the market to build stronger relationships with other key third parties who influence the policymaking process, including consumer groups, merchant groups and others related to payments and financial regulation.
- Manage external agencies that support AXP on Government Affairs in India.
Skills and Experience:
- Experience at mid- to senior-level in a government agency, lobbying/PR agency, or in a corporate government affairs position.
- Deep understanding of Indian politics and public policy formulation.
- Ability to relate public policy issues to core business objectives.
- Track record of running effective advocacy campaigns to deliver changes in policy.
- Strong attention to detail, combined with excellent written and oral communications skills.
- Ability to deal effectively and confidently with the most senior levels of the Company and external stakeholders.
- Excellent organisational skills and ability to manage multiple priorities against tight deadlines.
- Team player capable of working with a diverse group of colleagues and internal business clients.
- High ethical standards and experience of working with confidential and sensitive information.
- Experience of financial regulation preferred, ideally related to payments.
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations