New job Contractor - Graduate Programmer in Haryana
Contractor - Graduate Programmer
Company : Fidelity International
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Haryana
About the opportunity
The UK Retail Group is charged with the development and operating model for Fidelity’s Wrap platforms for the Personal Investing business and FundsNetworkTM, including implementation of new tax wrappers, web front end and service layer, interfaces, document composition and production, STP/automation and migrations from legacy systems. Our objective is to be the ‘supplier of choice’ for all IP services to our businesses as well as having the clear mandate to identify the future opportunities that will maintain and extend Fidelity’s lead in online financial services.
The department is currently expanding in order to satisfy the high level of demand for both short term tactical project delivery and the execution of a programme of strategic development which will see the complete reshaping of our platform capability and customer experience through the replacement and enhancement of our existing platform capability which supports our growing direct and intermediated businesses in the region.
This role is for an experienced AP/SAP to work within the Digital Product development team. The successful candidate will be expected to work on development projects to enhance existing, and develop new micro services, (centred on J2EE & Spring boot) hosted on public & private cloud environment. As such, the role requires a high level of flexibility and the commitment to deliver within the overall project timelines. Excellent written and verbal communications skills are essential to communicate effectively and appropriately to both business users and systems colleagues at all levels.
The role requires close working with colleagues in the UK offices, and the candidate may be required to work UK business hours sometimes. On occasions the candidate may also be required to work extended hours/weekends to cover changes and release implementations, for example. This role would perfectly suit a dynamic individual looking to work in a fast paced environment to ensure the smooth running of business critical systems.
- Work with delivery architects to reach the best solution to problems
- Ensure development quality standards are met
- Own and deliver technically sound solutions for the assigned project (s)
- Provide regular updates and reporting to project managers
- Highlight risks and issues in a prompt and timely manner and give clear and concise details of resolutions
- Interact with customers to understand their problems and provide solutions.
- Produce technical documentation as necessary
- Assist team members where needed
- Ownership of problems from first notification through to resolution
- Impact Analysis for any changes required
- Identify problem areas and escalate where necessary
- Explore new technologies and processes to improve efficiency and robustness in deliverables
Experience and qualifications
- BE / B-Tech / MCA
- 3- 7 Years of Experience
Essential Skills (Mandatory Skills)
- Experience in Core Java (preferably Java 8 and above) & Spring Boot applications
- Experience of designing and implementing Web Services primarily REST (exposure to SOAP and WS-* is advantage)
- Understanding of cloud principles and basics
- Understanding of basic cloud services
- Extensive knowledge of design patterns and applicability in real world
- Extensive knowledge of spring based frameworks and tools
- Eye for slick performing code
- Experience of using source code management tools, e.g. GIT/SVN/Clearcase etc
- Extensive experience in any of sort of continuous integration environment.
- Working experience on any private or public cloud like Pivotal CloudFoundary, IBM Cloud, AWS, Azure, Google Cloud is an added advantage
- Experience in J2EE development preferably in WebSphere 7/8/9 Liberty profile.
- Good knowledge of UNIX, Shell Scripting, Ant, udeploy (or similar)
- Teamcity/Jenkins/Bamboo, Crucible, Sonar, Fitnesse, Maven
- Good understanding of Development Methodologies like “Test Driven Development”
- Appreciate the business principles involved in a project
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Ability to think laterally, an enquiring mind with good analytical and problem-solving capabilities
- Display a flexible attitude; be able to thrive in an ever-changing environment.
- Exposure to the Finance industry would be an advantage.
- Strong interest and willingness to understand the Mutual Funds Business.
- Excellent communication skills – both verbal and written.
- Willingness to work UK business hours (though occasionally)
- Strong interest in Technology and its applications.
- Team Player.
About Fidelity International
Fidelity International offers investment solutions and services and retirement expertise to more than 2.5 million customers globally. As a privately held, purpose-driven company with a 50-year heritage, we think generationally and invest for the long term. Operating in more than 25 countries and with $739.9 billion in total assets, our clients range from central banks, sovereign wealth funds, large corporates, financial institutions, insurers and wealth managers, to private individuals.
Our Workplace & Personal Financial Health business provides individuals, advisers and employers with access to world-class investment choices, third-party solutions, administration services and pension guidance. Together with our Investment Solutions & Services business, we invest $567 billion on behalf of our clients. By combining our asset management expertise with our solutions for workplace and personal investing, we work together to build better financial futures.
Our clients come from all walks of life and so do we. We are proud of our inclusive culture and encourage applications from the widest mix of talent, whatever your age, gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity, social background and more.
As a flexible employer, we trust our people to perform their role in the way that works best for them, our clients and our business. We are a disability-friendly company and would welcome a conversation with you if you feel you might benefit from any reasonable adjustments to perform to the best of your ability during the recruitment process and beyond. Data as at 31 March 2021. Read more at https://www.fidelityinternational.com/