New job Continuous Improvement Expert (Six Sigma Black Belt) in Andaman and Nicobar Islands
Continuous Improvement Expert (Six Sigma Black Belt)
Company : Bechtel
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Andaman and Nicobar Islands
Requisition ID: 235823
Requisition Posting End Date: 08/03/2021
Bechtel are recruiting for individuals to help deliver a critical defence infrastructure project in the Plymouth area of the UK. You will be part of a team entrusted with the success of what is a high-profile and nationally-important undertaking, working in a highly-collaborative partnership with our client and supply chain colleagues. Our responsibilities span engineering, procurement, construction and commissioning phases, delivered with a focus on safety, environmental sustainability, energy efficiency, and modern engineering and construction methodologies. Experience of the defence and nuclear sectors can be helpful, but we are equally interested in the ability of candidates to apply broader experiences in a new environment.
This position reports and receives direct supervision from the Project Quality Manager and receives functional direction from the NS&E Manager of Quality and Six Sigma.
The Continuous Improvement Expert identifies, manages, and implements continuous improvement activities on the project. Applying their skills, knowledge and experience, the successful candidate will assist management with transforming reliable data into knowledge, optimizing processes; and empowering teams to solve problems and make fact-based decisions. As a key contributor to the success of the project, the candidate will utilize continuous improvement tools (e.g., Lean, Six Sigma, kaizen, behavioral and facilitation techniques) and work across all project functions and levels of the organization.
Principle Responsibilities Include but are not Limited to:
Manage and implement the continuous improvement program aligned with project and company direction.
- Analyze data from processes and metrics and recommend actions to close process gaps across the project.
- Facilitate teams to consensus and action.
- Manage change initiatives to successful implementation.
- Ensure a risk-based approach to the prioritization of continuous improvement activities, aligned with business needs.
- Scope, plan, select the appropriate tools, implement and manage improvement activities.
- Communicate and share improvements for mutual benefit.
- Provide support to causal analysis efforts.
- A bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in the area of
engineering, business, behavioral science, construction or science related field and at least 10 years of relevant experience. In lieu of a degree, 16 years of relevant experience including experience leading a team.
- Recognized Six Sigma Black Belt or Master Black Belt (certified or equivalent)
- Trained in Kaizen and/or Lean methodologies.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft software, database administration, and Visio (or equivalent).
- A proven history of excellence in all aspects of work assignments (substantiated by past performance reviews).
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills, including effective listening skills and the ability to transmit information accurately and understandably in a timely manner.
- Experience in interfacing with multiple organizations.
- Be a team player with a proven track record for motivating teams for successful change.
- Possess strong leadership skills and the ability to demonstrate polite persistence in achieving desired objective.
- Facilitation skills necessary to elicit ideas and promote discussion.
- Experience applying a logically structured approach to process analysis and problem-solving.
- Planning and organizational skills necessary to prioritize workload within a multiple project setting.
- Five or more years actively working as continuous improvement practitioner (or equivalent).
- Advanced experience with continuously improving work processes and business areas; or advanced experience optimizing complex processes, systems or organizations.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Power BI tool, or equivalent.
- Experience in delivery of training in a classroom environment and facilitation of meetings.
- A bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in the area of engineering, business, behavioral science, construction or science related field and 10 years of relevant experience. In lieu of a degree, 16 years of relevant experience including experience leading a team.
- A bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in the area of engineering, business, behavioral science, construction or science related field and 12 years of relevant experience. In lieu of a degree, 18 years of relevant experience including experience leading a team.
- Grade 27 candidates will be expected to perform more complex improvement initiatives, exercise more strategic decision making, interact with a higher level of management and customers and have a greater impact on project performance than grade 26 candidates.
What we offer
At Bechtel we offer a competitive salary package with the opportunity for flexible working to achieve greater work-life balance. Employee wellbeing is at the centre of our business and Bechtel is committed to offering you the benefits and resources to live healthy lives. We can offer:
Private Medical Coverage
Life Insurance Program
Employee Assistance Program
Long Term Disability Scheme
Bechtel’s Vision, Values and Covenants commit us to the ideals of fairness, diversity, inclusion, trust, and collaboration, among others. These values help define our culture, our way of doing business, and the positive impact we aspire to make in the world through our people and projects. At our project sites and offices, we have many colleagues from different nationalities, religions, and backgrounds working together to accomplish amazing things..
Shaping tomorrow together
Bechtel is one of the most respected global engineering, construction, and project management companies. Together with our customers, we deliver landmark projects that foster long-term progress and economic growth. Since 1898, we’ve completed more than 25,000 extraordinary projects across 160 countries on all seven continents. We operate through four global businesses: Infrastructure; Nuclear, Security & Environmental; Energy; and Mining & Metals. Our company and our culture are built on more than a century of leadership and a relentless adherence to our values, the core of which are safety, quality, ethics, and integrity. These values are what we believe, what we expect, what we deliver, and what we live.
Bechtel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, disability, citizenship status (except as authorized by law), protected veteran status, genetic information, and any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.