New job Business Development Manager - Broadband Franchise in Himachal Pradesh
Business Development Manager - Broadband Franchise
Company : Airtel India
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Himachal Pradesh
Current wired broadband sizing n India is estimated at 30 Mn, with government PSUs (BSNL & MTNL) serving 13 Mn, the Private players (Airtel/ ACT, Hathaway etc.) serving 7 Mn and another 10 Mn of unreported base, served by smaller LCOs in partnership with MSOs/ ISPs.
This translates to mere 10% household penetration, much lower than average 50% worldwide and 90%+ in Europe & US. In contrast, India has a total base of 167 Mn linear TV customers over DTH/ Cable, clearly demonstrating the huge market for media consumption in India, which are potential for Homes Broadband.
There are estimated 60K Local cable operators, who provide Cable TV services by laying OH coaxial cable (in tie up with MSOs, estimated 6K), with estimated customer base of 10 Mn, in Tier I, II & III towns. We intend to aggressively pursue this opportunity.
The Business development Manager has to constantly travel to identified cities and align pre launch activities from identification to onboarding LCO as per the set guidelines.
The person will be responsible for collaborating with circle homes team and Network team for the deliverables – he will be required to demonstrate strong execution skills to launch a city in stipulated timelines. The person will also manage and foster relationships with partners ecosystem.
This role will carry the responsibility of ensuring smooth roll out of the business. Individual has to travel minimum of 20-25 days in a month. Broadband business knowledge will be advantageous
- Cluster identification for cities shortlisted
- Market potential assessment & inputs to network planning team on rollout areas
- LCO Management: Identification, onboarding, training, billing, new acquisition
- Home pass roll out in approved clusters with testing of each network element
- LCO training on Airtel systems, apps & processes
- Strong Execution Skill
- High Adaptability with structured thinking & decision making
- Stake holder management and collaboration
- Ability to lead multi geography ecosystem and manage a large no. of partners
- Excellent communication skills
- Entrepreneurial with good financial controls
- Market planning
- Difficult situation negotiations skills
- Must have: Graduate, MBA (preferred)
- Must have: 4+ years of experience
Designation: Business Development Manager
Experience: 0-34 years
Position Type: permanent
Business Unit: Broadband Franchise.HPHP