New job Business Acceleration Unit- Head in Andhra Pradesh
Business Acceleration Unit- Head
Company : Vrutti
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Andhra Pradesh
Business Model at FPO and BAU Level:
Vrutti strongly believes that the BAU and the FPOs should provide support continuously irrespective of the ‘project/ grant support’ to enable and sustain impact. For this it is critical that the costs required for basic support at the BAU and FPO level is generated within that BAU area, building on the ‘value created’ to the farmers, and farmers' institutions. The engagement of BAU with farmers and their institutions start with incubation funding (through CSR, donors, government, etc.), but over a period sustains its support through sharing of values created through transactions fees, retainer fee and success fee. Vrutti expects that beyond a five year incubation period, a BAU will be able to generate adequate funds to continuously support the FPOs and farmers in an BAU area. This business model is a big accelerator for impact and also scale up the entire model.
Overall, farmers access a bundle of services continuously on a sustained basis, that are enabled through scientific methodologies (such as capital, market intelligence and market linkages, access to seeds and inputs, capacity building, etc.). To achieve higher returns to the farmers, the model takes a commodity focus working on three predominate commodities in each BAU. In this backdrop Vrutti is looking to hire BAU Head to execute the 3Fold model for small holder farmers and their collectives:
The Business Acceleration Unit Head (Kurnool) will be responsible for the following:
- BAU Head is overall responsible person to ensure all the key deliverables of the 3Fold model such as farm advisory services, Enterprise Development, Financial Access and services, Marketing and value addition, Institution Building etc., to increase the wealth, resilience and responsibility of small & marginal farmers.
- Responsible for enabling the farmers and farmers institutions to be an entrepreneur/Business institution.
- Responsible to facilitate accelerated and ensured services with an integrated package include access to seeds, inputs, Agri machinery, financial, access to markets etc.,
- Developing entrepreneurs locally and creating a market for products like seeds, bio fertilizers and pesticides etc.
- Understand of the commodity and product value chains, identifying opportunities are key to increasing incomes, continues opportunity mapping, feasibility and build linkages
- Identifying diversified enterprises and linking to agriculture is critical for getting additional incomes, diversifying risks and building resilience.
- Strong existence in promoting and strengthening Farmer Interest Groups (FIGs), Enterprise groups and Farmer Producer Organization.
- Steer headed and supports the functioning of the BAU team includes ABAs (Agri Business Accelerator), Activators, CEO, FIO, Supply Chain Specialist, Institution development head, Assistant BAU head etc.
- Demanding the services from the service lines and ensuring those are implemented and followed through at the BAU level.
- Evolving and executing the business plan of the Farmer Producer Companies to make them independent and sustainable.
- Build the partnership of FPCs with key ecosystem players such as SFAC, NABARD, NABFINS, FWWB, Corporates, NCDEX, KVK etc., to access markets, finance and knowledge.
- Enable the capacities of BAU team, FPO board members, lead farmers, entrepreneurs for effective implementation of 3Fold model.
- Working closely with ICT Partner, information technology solution partner for farmer specific/enterprise specific, farm advisory, order booking, inputs requirements, outputs predictions and aggregation for marketing.
- Ensuring the MEAL (monitoring and evaluation) system established and adhered to.
- Ensuring the reports and information provided to various people as per the agreed timelines.
- Preservation of Agro Biodiversity in Kurnool cluster, promotion of organic farming, Sustainable Agricultural Practices (SAP) with small and marginal farmers, conservation of indigenous seeds and local varieties by RVD demo plots, conservation of soil & water.
- Promotion and ensuring of PGS (organic certification) among farmer members
- Promotion and ensuring organic products, quality maintenance, branding and Marketing of organic products of the FPCLs.
Contract length: 12 months
Application Deadline: 28/7/2021
Expected Start Date: 2/8/2021
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
- Master's (Preferred)
- total: 3 years (Preferred)