New job Associate Research Specialist - Fixed Income in Haryana
Associate Research Specialist - Fixed Income
Company : Fidelity International
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Haryana
About the opportunity
Title: Associate Research Specialist - Fixed Income
Department: IM Research Specialist Team
Location: Gurgaon, India
Reports To: Team Manager, Fixed Income Research Support
About Fidelity International
Fidelity International offers investment solutions and services and retirement expertise to more than 2.4 million customers globally. As a purpose-driven, privately-held company with a 50-year heritage, we think generationally and invest for the long term. By combining our asset management expertise with our solutions for workplace and personal investing, we work together to build better financial futures.
Our people are passionate, engaged and smart, and we give them independence and the confidence to make a difference for all our stakeholders. As employees, we are challenged to be brave, bold and curious, but nevertheless always to act with compassion.
Find out more about what we do, our history, and how you could be part of our future at: https://www.fidelityrecruitment.com
All our people must be able to demonstrate an affinity with the Fidelity core values:
Integrity – Doing the right thing, every time and putting the client first
Trust – Empowering each other to take the initiative and make good decisions
All our people must be able to operate in accordance with our behaviours:
Brave - Challenging the status quo, being accountable and speaking up
Bold - Acting with conviction, encouraging diverse thinking and keeping things simple
Curious - Learning to do new things in better ways and encouraging fresh thinking
Compassionate - Having empathy, caring for colleagues, clients & community
Investment Research Support department is based out of two locations - Gurgaon, India and Dalian, China. The department provides fundamental research support (building financial models, maintaining industry databases and conducting Industry and company analysis) to all FIL Equity and Credit analysts and select Portfolio Managers. This allows analyst teams to cover a higher number of stocks/credits, respond faster to corporate developments, dig deeper into investment issues, and manage coverage gaps. Additionally, the team has Data intelligence capabilities which have allowed FIL Research to build proprietary data series, add analysis layer over Research IT tools and do custom quant work for analysts and PMs.
Purpose of your role
The job involves providing comprehensive research support to FIL’s Europe/US/Asia/Global credit analysts, including company and industry analysis, financial modelling, valuations, sector/country updates, business and customer intelligence using alternative data sources and other custom research work. The person should have a good understanding of fixed income and the broader financial research process.
- Provide all-round research support to FIL credit analysts on one or more sectors, including on initiations and on-going coverage
- Perform fundamental analysis on individual companies to evaluate the creditworthiness of an issuer and assess the relative value of its bonds
- Conduct primary and secondary research on companies and sectors
- Build and maintain detailed models that form basis for financial analysis
- Analyze covenants and capital structures to select individual bonds / issuers
- Make regular presentations to the team on relevant topics/areas of expertise
Experience and Qualifications Required
Experience and Key Skills
- 2-5 years’ work experience in Investment Research or working in the relevant industry role.
- Good understanding of capital markets with excellent financial skills. A solid understanding of financial statements, ratios and valuation concepts. Prior experience with Asia/Europe/US/Global markets strongly preferred.
- Analytical / Problem solving skills, with a logical thought process - to sort, analyse and creatively interpret large amounts of qualitative and quantitative data.
- Strong communication skills and professional presence to interact effectively with investment professionals at all levels of experience.
- In-depth knowledge of one or more sectors – key drivers, dynamics, trends and indicators
- Database skills - Bloomberg and MSCI.
- Excellent relationship management and strong communication and presentation skills
- MBA from a prominent institute or CA or CFA or Master’s in finance
- Collaborative approach to working
About Fidelity International
Fidelity International offers investment solutions and services and retirement expertise to more than 2.5 million customers globally. As a privately held, purpose-driven company with a 50-year heritage, we think generationally and invest for the long term. Operating in more than 25 countries and with $739.9 billion in total assets, our clients range from central banks, sovereign wealth funds, large corporates, financial institutions, insurers and wealth managers, to private individuals.
Our Workplace & Personal Financial Health business provides individuals, advisers and employers with access to world-class investment choices, third-party solutions, administration services and pension guidance. Together with our Investment Solutions & Services business, we invest $567 billion on behalf of our clients. By combining our asset management expertise with our solutions for workplace and personal investing, we work together to build better financial futures.
Our clients come from all walks of life and so do we. We are proud of our inclusive culture and encourage applications from the widest mix of talent, whatever your age, gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity, social background and more.
As a flexible employer, we trust our people to perform their role in the way that works best for them, our clients and our business. We are a disability-friendly company and would welcome a conversation with you if you feel you might benefit from any reasonable adjustments to perform to the best of your ability during the recruitment process and beyond. Data as at 31 March 2021. Read more at https://www.fidelityinternational.com/