New job Associate Manager, Private Banking Operations in Tamil Nadu
Associate Manager, Private Banking Operations
Company : Standard Chartered
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Tamil Nadu
Job: Private Banking and Wealth
Primary Location: Asia-India-Chennai
Employee Status: Permanent
Posting Date: 06/Jul/2021, 2:44:59 AM
Unposting Date: Ongoing
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
- Assist the Vice President / Associate Vice President / Senior Manager / Manager in consistent delivery of high quality services to customers through meeting or exceeding customer expectation guided by the Service Level Agreement, efficiency / accuracy standards and good business processes / judgments.
- Primarily process within the TAT agreed with Country in the SLA and also other functions as requested by the Unit Manager
- Assist the Unit Manager in managing the cost budget allocated to the team by ensuring optimum utilization of available resources, implementation of creative cost-reduction solutions and minimizing wastage.
- Assist in managing the operational risk of the team to avoid operational / reputational losses and ensure awareness and full compliance of all laid down rules, regulations, policies, guidelines, procedures, practices and code of conduct imposed by the Company / Group.
- Support the roll-out of appropriate quality management systems in the team to measure the qualitative performance of the team / individuals, facilitate improvement initiatives and help cultivate a “Service Excellence” culture among the team members.
- Assist the line manager in overseeing the daily operations of the team and contribute towards meeting the team’s objectives.
- Ensure that the set productivity targets (efficiency, accuracy, etc.) and processing turnaround standards are achieved (within own area of responsibility).
- Contribute to the development of other Team members by guiding, coaching, motivating, supporting and assisting selected number of Team members.
- Be guided accordingly and aware of the roles and responsibilities for money laundering prevention as stipulated in the Money Laundering Prevention (MLP) Group Policy, Money Laundering & Suspicious Transaction Guidelines for Cash & Channel Management, Suspicious Money Laundering Transaction Reporting Procedures and / or Monitoring Checklist, and Escalation Procedure for Suspicious Money Laundering Transactions.
- Ensure due care and diligence is exercised on day to day operational matters relating to Money Laundering, check for Sanctioned countries and SR7, acquiring relevant knowledge and training thus, providing support to superiors and subordinates.
- Conforming and adhering to the Team’s risk profile, by following the guidelines / policies / procedures stipulated for Operation Losses, Escalation Procedures, CMS Policies, and reconciliation of outstanding items, scanning and end-of-day reports.
- Comply with exceptions for Callback, Signature Verification and Processing in which respective role needs to be performed independently.
- Any ad-hoc roles changes will require Head of Department or Unit Manager’s approval before assuming new role temporarily or permanently in line with segregation of duties.
- Upholding the Values of the Group and Company at all times
- Assist Vice President / Associate Vice President / Senior Manager/ Manager/ Associate Manager in preparation of KCS / KCSA / KPI as per GOR Policy by providing necessary input thereby ensuring it is completed and submitted in time. All deviations / exceptions known are to be highlighted to the Vice President / Associate Vice President / Senior Manager/ Manager.
- Participate in SLA review / DOI along with the Unit Manager by giving inputs on process / timeliness / volumes etc thereby ensuring completion within the agreed time frame.
- Operations loss to be minimized and brought down to “Zero”.
- To initiate and successfully follow up quality projects and productivity / workflow improvement reviews
- To support Manager / Senior Manager / Unit Head in carrying out any special projects / task.
- To help the Team / Unit in maintaining the cost budget as to be set up from time to time and to provide ideas for ongoing reductions.
- To respond to the Incident Reports raised for any customer complaints /losses.
- Handover and take over policy to be complied with.
- Assist unit in carrying out the BCP test successfully and give the backup papers to Vice President / Associate Vice President / Senior Manager/ Manager for completion of Test plan
- Ensure that Physical access to Onboarding area / Unit must be controlled and highlight to Vice President / Associate Vice President / Senior Manager/ Manager/ immediately on any unauthorized access.
- Achieves the processing turnaround standards as stipulated in the Service Level Agreement between the dept. and various Spoke countries and meeting productivity standards in terms of processing efficiency and accuracy of output.
- Meeting of own performance objectives and contribute in achieving the team’s objectives.
- Support the roll-out of appropriate quality management systems and achieving the quality objectives and standards set.
- Coaching selected team members to achieve the desired level of productivity and competency.
- Contributing ideas for improvement on processes, procedures, end-to-end processing, etc. to team management.
- Need to process effectively on 1 primary country and in addition to that getting trained in 2 additional countries as part of cross training and effectively handle 100% of the cross trained process with zero tolerance.
- Complete non-routine assigned task (e.g. testing, BCP) within the set deadline.
- No complaints from customers related to poor and indifferent service attitude and discourtesy. To pick up calls by 3 rings using standard script and practice standard code of SQ one bank.
- Zero operational write-offs. No transaction errors/operational losses through accurate processing or data input with effective control and risk management.
- No major adverse findings from internal auditors or external auditors including quality audits.
- Higher productivity as staffs understands and subscribes to total Quality concept.
- Higher efficiency in Onboarding systems processing and improved work procedure via continuous system enhancements and revised work procedures.
- Focus and Discipline
- Build performance culture
- Customer Focused
- Living our values
- Non compliance and control weaknesses inherent in the selected samples are detected and duly reported
- Assist in sampling for preparation of KCS/ KCSA.
- Maintaining robust controls and monitoring
- Private Banking Operations
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group’s Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank’s Conduct Principles: [Fair Outcomes for Clients; Effective Financial Markets; Financial Crime Compliance; The Right Environment.] *
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters
Our Ideal Candidate
- Any Bachelor Degree with good communication skill.
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages. We welcome conversations on flexible working.