New job Associate - Employee Relations in Karnataka
Associate - Employee Relations
Company : JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A.
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Karnataka
Reporting to the ER Investigations Team Manager, the ER Partner will be a part of an experienced ER Professionals who conducts and facilitates complex, sensitive and time-critical ER Investigations.
S/He will also partner with HR colleagues and Business Managers to implement appropriate strategies, plans and interventions to develop and/or maintain a high performing work environment.
- Consults on complex ER matters, providing effective advice, resolution and remediation
- Documents investigative path, recommendations, and resolution. Writes investigative summaries in a clear, concise and legally defensible manner
- Conducts climate assessments by leveraging inclusive investigative skills to identify underlying issues.
- When appropriate, engages control partners including but not limited to the Global Securities and Investigations, Legal, Compliance, and HR colleagues within the Global Employee Relations Team to assist in resolving serious work situations
- Executes on a robust risk and controls agenda.
- Provides ER Learning session and reporting to address emerging trends and issues
- Performs other similar functions
Business & HR Acumen
- Knowledgeable of HR practices, understanding of financial impact of HR decisions, knowledge of the financial services industry, and a global mindset to drive JPMorgan Chase & Co. business performance
- Knowledgeable of Asia Pacific employment and labor laws
- Knowledge of full range of ER practices; performance development & corrective action support, code of conduct investigations, workplace issues and conflicts including management practices concern, disputes and appeals, etc.
- Expert knowledge of ER, arbitration & mediation, legal proceedings/due process, fair employment practices, Affirmative Action, etc.
Consulting & Advising
- Consults and partners with stakeholders to accurately diagnose issues and provide advice and solutions that maximize business results
- Strong investigation/consulting/problem resolution experience with demonstrated ability to influence all employee levels from front line to senior leaders
- Able to quickly size up a complex people/business situation, sort through the facts, develop alternatives and make sound recommendations. Serves as an escalation point.
- Provides insight to clients to assess issues/potential risks and recommends actions to reach balanced solutions. Challenges clients to question assumptions & think through problems
- Adjusts readily to multiple demands, shifting priorities and rapid change
Problem Solving/Decision Making & Risk & Controls
- Identifies issues using critical thinking, data analytics and judgment to make fact based decisions and recommendations
- Demonstrates and promotes expected risk/controls behaviors by holding self and others accountable to operate within established procedures/parameters and to proactively prevent and/or address risk and control issues
- Able to quickly review a highly sensitive situation, sort through fact and emotion. Can assemble the full story by pulling together facts, information and opinions from a variety of sources while maintaining relationships.
- Utilizes critical thinking and analytical skills regularly to identify issues and trends, develop solutions and/or recommendations to address root cause and mitigate further risk to the firm
- Identifies the need for and serves as a facilitator of change and innovation by using influence, an operational mindset and effective project management skills to promote engagement and participation
- Uses project management skills to drive change plans and other initiatives with a focus on progress and results
- Leads complex organizational change by coaching stakeholders on the importance of consistent messages and behaviors
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Human Resources Management, Law or any related courses
- 8+ years of HR experience in the financial services/ BPO industry which includes advising on employee relations matters
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.