New job Asset Management - Regulatory and Control - Associate in Maharashtra
Asset Management - Regulatory and Control - Associate
Company : JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A.
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Maharashtra
J.P. Morgan Asset Management (JPMAM), with assets under management of $2.5 trillion, is a global leader in investment management. J.P. Morgan Asset Management's clients include institutions, retail investors and high-net worth individuals in every major market throughout the world. J.P. Morgan Asset Management offers global investment management in equities, fixed income, real estate, hedge funds, private equity and liquidity.
US Business Platform is responsible for oversight of the J.P. Morgan pooled vehicles including mutual funds, ETFs, collective investment funds and hedge funds (collectively referred to as \"Funds\"). US Business Platform is under the leadership of the Chief Administrative Officer of the JPMorgan Funds and is comprised of the following functional areas: Product Administration, Product Implementation, Board Management, Tax Oversight and Regulatory & Business Controls.
As a member of the Regulatory & Business Controls Team within US Business Platform, the individual will work with a large team responsible for the business management and oversight of approximately 300 pooled investment vehicles. The individual will be responsible for providing daily risk and control support and consultation on policies, procedures and potential issues that arise.
The role mandates that the individual be able to work cross functionally with all levels across the organization including, but not limited to, Portfolio and Risk Management, Legal, Compliance, Operations, Control Management Organization, Product Development, Client Service and the various vendors that provide services to the pooled vehicles.
As an Associate within the Regulatory & Business Controls team, you will have the following responsibilities.
- Ensure that practices within US Business Platform are in compliance with relevant regulations, policies, frameworks, and standards to maintain an effective control environment
- Provide guidance, training and assistance to the US Business Platform Team and other groups serving the Funds on regulatory requirements, policies, risks and controls
- Facilitate regulatory, audit and compliance exam requests impacting the Funds.
- Partner with the Control Management Organization to execute with respect to control design, evaluation and issue management for operational risks.
- Develop, implement, oversee, and execute on control management programs that focus on key risks and evaluate the effectiveness of the controls
- Assist in the assessment, development and review of key business projects
- Assist in the identification, project management and remediation of issues for various regulatory or control matters that may arise.
- Perform management reporting and engage management on appropriate actions
In addition, this role will support similar responsibilities in relation to institutional and other accounts within the broader Client Service organization.
- A minimum of 4 years of relevant asset management experience
- Bachelor's degree in a business / finance / accounting discipline preferred
- Broad based experience with investment companies. Knowledge of various fund structures, their operations, accounting and oversight
- Demonstrate ability to communicate and work effectively with a variety of internal and external stakeholders
- Demonstrable controls awareness experience (e.g. through working within an audit type role)
- Strong leadership and team building/management skills
- Strong consensus building and influence skills, possesses the ability to achieve a common understanding and agreement across groups with differing perspectives.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical, problem solving skills
- Ability to get things done in a dynamic and fast paced environment.
- Strong commitment to continuous professional development and improvement of the team.
- Be a self-starter, a highly motivated person able to work in a fast paced environment
- Must be proficient in MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.