New job Applications Support in Maharashtra
Company : JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A.
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Maharashtra
To manage and resolve day-to-day production support issues for a number of mainframe applications that support Custody & Securities processing throughout the world:
- Incident and problem management
- To update key control systems according to procedure and in a timely manner (within JPM these include Alacrity/ConQuest/HPSM/ServiceNow, EPV, ITSM)
- To create and update "run book" documentation for the supported applications as required
- To participate in Critical Site Tests for supported applications
- Participates in post incident reviews for client impacting incidents.
The mission-critical nature of these globally-used applications means that on occasion it will be necessary for the successful candidate to work extended hours at short notice to help see an incident through to resolution.
To enable an effective response to off-hours incidents a call-out rota in maintained across the wider team. The successful candidate will be expected to be part of this rota.
Experience - Required:
- Experience with an IBM zSeries Mainframe environment
- Knowledge of z/OS, JCL, TSO/ISPF
- Proficient usage and knowledge of COBOL/Natural
- Proficient usage and knowledge of DB2/Adabas and VSAM
- Knowledge of CONTROLM/CA7/ZEKE scheduling tools
- Experience working with all types of data files including Generation Data Groups, VSAM, Partitioned, and Physical Sequential files
- Working knowledge of JCL and batch job execution in a mainframe environment including use of Procedures.
- Ability to learn/use File-AID for browsing file data.
- Knowledge/experience with SyncSort.
- Experience with CICS for online application functionality support.
- Experience with MQSeries communications.
- Knowledge of NDM/sFTP transmission protocols.
Experience - Desirable:
- Knowledge of relevant businesses such as custody, Securities, fund accounting, clearance, securities lending, cash management and alternative investments (e.g. derivatives and hedge funds) or the organizations that use these services
- Previous exposure to application support
- ITIL Certification
- Knowledge/experience with REXX / Python scripting.
- Exposure to ServiceNow tool/Enviroment.
- Knowledge/experience with Microfocus Platform
- Exposure to monitoring (SLA/Flow/Milestone) & Visualization tools
- Any non-mainframe IT experience is a bonus
- Excellent proven problem-solving skills
- Logical, able to think outside the box
- Good interpersonal and customer-facing skills
- Strong written communication skills
- Flexible, co-operative and resilient
- Able to work effectively under pressure and frequently changing priorities
- The mission-critical nature of these globally-used applications means that on occasion it will be necessary for the successful candidate to work extended hours at short notice to help see an incident through to resolution.
- To enable an effective response to off-hours incidents a call-out rotation is maintained across the wider team. The successful candidate will be expected to be part of this rotation
- Minimum 3 years of experience
- Understanding of the fundamentals of the financial services and operations industry
- Effectively leverages knowledge to understand and address typical customer issues
- Must have excellent organizational skills and verbal and written communication skills
- Must be able to meet deadlines and adjust productivity to support peak volumes
- Must be able to follow outlined processes and procedures accurately
- PC skills (Microsoft office proficiency Excel/Word/PowerPoint)
- Must be able to work in a teamwork environment with a diverse group
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.