New job Analyst in Maharashtra
Company : Avalara
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Maharashtra
A Compliance Analyst position would involve understanding the various transactions on the Tax form by country. This position requires the ability to work independently in a fast-paced, dynamic environment where attention to detail, analytical skills and strong communication skills are essential. Also, would have to provide exceptional customer support in addition to producing timely and accurate results by way of preparing and filing the VAT Returns.
Filing of EU Country VAT returns, Intrastat, ECL and other returns accurately and on time
- Good domain knowledge in the EU VAT space with very grip on the concepts
- Ability to meet the strict statutory deadlines and ensuring accurate and timely filing
- Return Prep and filing for retroactive returns
- Operating within the purview of strict GDPR guidelines and highlighting risks from time-to-time
- Extending beyond regular working hours to accommodate statutory deadlines
- Understanding all the tools and applications used for Return preparation and filing
- Reconciliation for returns between as many as 3 Systems to ensure there are no events for non-filing
- Review filed returns for identifying gaps in process or person
- Ability to train and upskill new-hires in the team. Needs to be curious to learn new areas of process, product and domain
- Participates in projects and process improvements for the department
- Updates / maintains all spreadsheets and tax calendars for various EU nations
- Experience in managing short and medium-term projects. Responsible for ad-hoc projects related to tax discipline. Analyzes and summarizes tax information and prepares reports of recommendations.
- Map processes and prepare documentation to streamline the process and establishing strong processes for future
- Coordinating with on-shore teams as may be required
- Maintaining the sharing filing related reports with relevant stakeholders
- Identify process gaps and suggest improvements
- Know the escalation points and use them as required proactively
- Ability to collaborate with Engineering teams to automate process steps and improve efficiency
- Collaborate with other team members to develop and enhance procedures to capture workflow processes for identified responsibilities
Should have a graduate degree / MBA in any discipline except Engineering
MS Excel (intermediary to Advance) skills. Other MS office apps proficiency
- Excellent communication
- Experience in working with onsite teams/stakeholders
- Excellent logical and analytical skills
- Excellent Organizational skills
- Team player
Proficiency in excel functions & formulae, exposure to other MS office apps
- EU VAT compliance knowledge and work experience (2 – 3 years)
We're building cloud-based tax compliance solutions to handle every transaction in the world.
Imagine every transaction you make — every tank of gas, cup of coffee, or pair of sneakers, every movie ticket, meal kit, or streamed song, every sensor-to-sensor ping. Nearly every time you make a purchase, physical or digital, there's an accompanying unique and nuanced tax compliance calculation.
The logic behind calculating taxes — the rules, rates, and boundaries — is a global, layered, three-dimensional mess of complexity, with compliance dictated by governments and applied by every business, every day.
Avalara works with businesses of all sizes, all over the world — from corner stores to gigantic global retailers — to calculate tax accurately and automatically, at speeds measured in milliseconds.
That's a massive technical challenge, in terms of scale, reliability, and complexity, and we do it better than anyone. That's why we're growing fast.
Headquartered in Seattle, Avalara has offices across the U.S. and around the world, in Belgium, Brazil, Canada, India, and the U.K.
Avalara is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, gender, national orientation, disability, sexual orientation, or any other factor protected by law.