New job Analyst - Financial Control in Delhi
Analyst - Financial Control
Company : Barclays
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Delhi
Job Title: Analyst - Financial Control
Barclays is a British universal bank. We are diversified by business, by different types of customers and clients, and by geography. Our businesses include consumer banking and payments operations around the world, as well as a top-tier, full service, global corporate and investment bank, all of which are supported by our service company which provides technology, operations and functional services across the Group.
Risk and Control Objective
Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards.
Our dynamic working programme has been set up to help Barclays colleagues achieve an optimal work/life balance. Arrangements we offer range from working at home and changing regular hours to taking career breaks. Our Dynamic Working initiatives support colleagues at all stages of their lives, helping them with parenthood, caring, further studies and hobbies
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives. If you have a need for flexibility, then please discuss this with the Hiring Manager.
Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for customers and clients worldwide. With over 300 years of history and expertise in banking, we operate in over 50 countries and employ over 140,000 people.
We provide large corporate, government and institutional clients with a full spectrum of solutions to their strategic advisory, financing and risk management needs. Our clients also benefit from access to the breadth of expertise across Barclays. We’re one of the largest financial services providers in the world, and are also engaged in retail banking, credit cards, corporate banking, and wealth and investment management.
For further information about Barclays, please visit our website www.barclays.com.
Financial Control has the primary responsibility of ensuring the Balance Sheet integrity of trading, banking & investment products and service entities/strategic business units.
- Ensure processes and controls are completed on time and to the right quality
- Strong Relationship Management
- Supporting Financial Control, Global Reconciliation Services, and Product Control teams
- Technical support to business as required on BAU
What will you be doing?
The key responsibilities of the role include:
- Ensuring all processes are completed within the relevant timescales and service levels are maintained
- Proactively maintain and develop own up to date specialist process and system knowledge to act as a point of reference.
- Fair idea of the Stat and Finrep reporting space which forms part of our Regulatory submissions.
- Dealing with group on Group queries for legal entity.
- Ensuring review process through review packs.
- Ownership & acceptance of the business responsible for.
- Fair knowledge of LEC function including month close processes, account reconciliation and substantiation, etc.
- Investigates and resolves problems, issues and queries liaising, with customers, suppliers and other experts, as appropriate
- Partner with stakeholders on solution when dealing with issues/ challenges raised by them.
- Assist with ad-hoc projects and reporting requirements as they arise
- Opine on technical queries
- Helping in closure of books of accounts
- Manage and develop effective relationships with Business Units, other functions in wider finance
- Liaise with key stakeholders across the business units to identify common issues, opportunities for improvements and act as a central subject matter expert
- Communicate process changes and share knowledge required to successfully implement necessary changes
- Support business units providing expert help and guidance including accounting issues
- Support in investigating and resolving problems, issues and queries, liaising with customers, suppliers as appropriate
- Ensure consistency of approach across the Business units
- Strong control awareness
- Qualified Accountant – CA, CPA, ACCA, CIMA, ICWA with strong and relevant financial control experience
- Strong understanding/practical experience on application of Accounting Standards/IFRS
- Enthusiastic, motivated, self-starter, pro-active and team player
- Strong interpersonal skills and excellent communicator.
- Desire to provide top quality service to internal clients.
- Willingness and ability to take ownership of issues and manage through to a successful resolution
- Expected to take accountability/responsibility of deliverables
- Answerable to questions and able to substantiate data when required by client-facers
- Minimal supervisory oversight and able to perform duties with minimal or no guidance
- Providing innovative judgement which can be contributed as part of the decision making process.
- Experience of working in SAP financial accounting & BCE/EROS
- Good Accounting and IT System skills
- Required to provide detailed analysis and information on complex queries/problems and communicate to stakeholders/Group on proposed solutions and recommendations
- Customer focused – consistently meets client needs within constraints of time
- Consistently delivers against targets
- Has good understanding and is up to date on relevant business knowledge.
- Ability to scale-up and move up the value-chain within a short time-frame
- Opportunity to be groomed to be future team leaders/managers
- Escalates breaches of policies and procedures appropriately
- Must be regarded as proactive and assertive in driving control improvement for their area
- Strong control awareness - in particular, the individual should be able to identify initiatives which they have led which has directly improved the control environment for the area they work in
- Strong understanding and has the mind-set to strive to identify potential control breakdowns in process, also demonstrated with effective procedure manuals
- Ability to streamline processes in a most efficient manner within the team.
Where will you be working?
Be More at Barclays
At Barclays, each day is about being more – as a professional, and as a person. ‘Be More @ Barclays’ represents our core promise to all current and future employees. It’s the characteristic that we want to be associated with as an employer, and at the heart of every employee experience. We empower our colleagues to Be More Globally Connected, working on international projects that improve the way millions of customers handle their finances. Be More Inspired by working alongside the most talented people in the industry, and delivering imaginative new solutions that are redefining the future of finance. Be More Impactful by having the opportunity to work on cutting-edge projects, and Be More Valued for who you are.
Interested and want to know more about Barclays? Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.
Purpose and Values
We deploy finance responsibly to support people and businesses, acting with empathy and integrity, championing innovation and sustainability, for the common good and the long term.
Our values underpin everything we do: Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship.
We harness the power of diversity and inclusion in our business, trust those we work with, and value everyone's contribution.
We operate with honesty, transparency and fairness in all we do.
We act with empathy and humility, putting the people and businesses we serve at the centre of what we do.
We champion innovation, and use our energy, expertise and resources to make a positive difference.
We prize sustainability, and are passionate about leaving things better than we found them.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumsances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our dynamic working options for colleagues. If you have a need for flexibility, then please discuss this with us.