New job Technical Specialist - Apex in Haryana
Technical Specialist - Apex
Company : Fidelity International
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Haryana
About the opportunity
The Central Data team has been formed to execute FIL’s data strategy and be a data-driven organization. The team would be responsible for defining data architecture providing standard tools, providing standards and policies and manage central data projects working with data programmes of various business functions across the organization in a hub-and-spoke model. The capabilities of this team will include Data Change and Tooling, Data Management, Data Governance, Data Quality, Data Architecture and Reporting. The team would also ensure the adoption of tooling, enforce the standards and deliver on foundational capabilities.
Purpose of your role
The successful candidate would be expected to be a part of Central Data Team. The role will play a key role in development and maintenance of DataHub an overarching self-service business portal for all data management needs through a single pane of glass. The successful candidate will join a team working closely with the Development Manager, Project Managers, Database Administrators and Business Analysts. The successful candidate will be responsible for business requirement clarification with business and come up with feasible solution/design in consultation with technical team. He/She will be expected to bridge the requirement gap with business and carry out impact analysis on complete integrated system. In addition, he/she would be expected to perform development as per task assigned. He/She will be expected to be able to communicate effectively with business analysts and wider project team in order to deliver the requirements successfully.
- Perform analysis, design, development, testing, implementation and maintenance of DataHub portal in Oracle Application Express (APEX 5.0)
- Implementation of Rest Web Services using ORDS and PL/SQL for various DataHub integrations.
- Building, Implementing and handling custom components in Oracle APEX
- System development as per design and high-level specifications
- Observe and adhere to coding standards and process guidelines
- Suggest improvements in system development process / application areas
- Work closely with the Business Analysts and Business Users to understand the requirements and utilise it in devising solutions
- Work hand-in-hand with the product team to provide a stable platform
- Include non-functional requirements while devising solutions.
- Instrumental in fine tuning of existing product components to increase efficiency/agility
Experience and Qualifications Required
- Seasoned technology expert who is highly skilled in programming, engineering and problem-solving skills.
- Deep Knowledge on Oracle's Application Express framework (APEX 5.0) with more than 7 years of experience.
- JSON handling and processing using Oracle APEX and PL/SQL packages.
- Oracle APEX and PL/SQL Debugging.
- Good experience and conceptual knowledge on SQL, PL/SQL, packages etc.
- Experience with agile / continuous delivery paradigms of software development
- Knowledge on continuous integration and build/release automation practices.
- Has ability to envision design for complex functional and technical problems while incrementally evolving the implementation in simple progressive steps of deliveries.
- At ease with understanding/supporting the code base written by others and in learning/trying wider technology sets / problem solving methods used in a project.
- Aware and experienced with code and language/technology best practices.
Desirable Skills / Experience
- Diagnostic and analytical skills
- Good communication skills – both verbal and written.
- Display a flexible attitude, be able to thrive in an ever-changing environment
- Should be self-driven and able to operate individually with little guidance.
- Ability to apply new skills / additional information acquired in relation to role
- Ability to interact with business users
- Ability to prioritise own activities, work under hard deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Self-starter with ability to handle multiple tasks and priorities
- Maintain a positive attitude that promotes team work within the company and a favourable image of the team
- Strong problem solving skills with the ability to think laterally to arrive at a solution
- Must have an eye for detail and analyse/relate to the business problem in hand
- Ability to develop & maintain good relationships with stakeholders
- Flexible and positive attitude, openness to change
- Self-motivation is essential, should demonstrate commitment to high quality solution
- Ability to discuss both business and related technology/system at various levels
About Fidelity International
Fidelity International offers investment solutions and services and retirement expertise to more than 2.5 million customers globally. As a privately held, purpose-driven company with a 50-year heritage, we think generationally and invest for the long term. Operating in more than 25 countries and with $739.9 billion in total assets, our clients range from central banks, sovereign wealth funds, large corporates, financial institutions, insurers and wealth managers, to private individuals.
Our Workplace & Personal Financial Health business provides individuals, advisers and employers with access to world-class investment choices, third-party solutions, administration services and pension guidance. Together with our Investment Solutions & Services business, we invest $567 billion on behalf of our clients. By combining our asset management expertise with our solutions for workplace and personal investing, we work together to build better financial futures.
Our clients come from all walks of life and so do we. We are proud of our inclusive culture and encourage applications from the widest mix of talent, whatever your age, gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity, social background and more.
As a flexible employer, we trust our people to perform their role in the way that works best for them, our clients and our business. We are a disability-friendly company and would welcome a conversation with you if you feel you might benefit from any reasonable adjustments to perform to the best of your ability during the recruitment process and beyond. Data as at 31 March 2021. Read more at https://www.fidelityinternational.com/