New job Staff Solution Architect - Opportunity for Working Remotely , Bangkok in Kerala
Staff Solution Architect - Opportunity for Working Remotely , Bangkok
Company : VMware
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Kerala
Business Summary :
VMware enables businesses. As an innovator and leader in hybrid cloud, modern application platforms, critical mobility and security solutions, we enable our more than 500,000 enterprise and SMB customers to thrive in this digital era. Our team of 20,000+ people working in 50+ locations worldwide is committed to building a community where great people want to work long term by living our values of passion, innovation, execution, teamwork, active learning and giving back.
The VMware Solutions Engineering segment continues to be a critical component of our go-to-market strategy to drive regional/global growth, market expansion, and exceptional customer experience with the most exclusive customers. As we continue raise the bar and add to our talent pool of technology thought leaders, the Solution Architect is a highly critical role in our business in South East Asia and Korea.
Job Role and Responsibility :
In VMware, the Solutions Architecture team does two things exceptionally well. The Solutions Architect builds solutions to the most complex customer problems - in the areas of private / hybrid / public cloud, modern application platforms, security and digital capabilities.The Solutions Architect also charts the directional strategy for our customers, to accelerate the outcome from the technology they adopt.
The Solution Architect is responsible for providing technology direction, technical expertise, consultancy and clarity in complex technical situations for our largest customers across the Region, working closely with the local and global account teams to help meet revenue, customer satisfaction requirements & develop customer understanding of VMware portfolio. The VMware Solution Architect :
- Owns the technology relationships up to CxO level & provides technology thought leadership.
- Leads the solutions development and architecture framework, methodology and approach in an engagement.
- Produces critical architecture work products to communicate the solution and vision with clarity with the customer.
- Expert at navigating technical engagements with customers, partners and internal teams.
- Builds relationships with, and earns deep trust of the account team, partners and customers in support of country business objectives.
- Anticipates technology and/or market trends and provides guidance on their application to external customers and feedback of business requirements back into VMware's engineering and product organizations.
- Participates in country leadership decisions and takes the lead in shaping technical engagements.
- Participates in mentoring junior members of the Solutions Engineering team
Required Skills :
In this role, you are placed in a driver's seat with full autonomy to shape and accelerate our customers' technology adoption. As a VMware Solution Architect :
- You know the customer. You have the ability to empathize, analyze, formulate and lead complex and strategic engagements.
- You have the ability to convince customers, leaders, partners and peers of your technical and technology directions.
- You are right a lot because you always put your work product, ideas and approaches to be tested and disconfirmed.
- You have a proven track record of over 10-15 years in building solutions to complex customer problems that are successfully deployed.
- You have a proven track record of over 5-8 years in influencing customer's technology strategy and directions, through IT strategy and blueprints and through regular customer reviews.
- You have expert technology certifications in at least 1 VMware technology or equivalent.
- You are also have exceptional domain knowledge and experience in one advanced technologies like cloud (AWS, GCP, Azure), Kubernetes, cybersecurity, digital capabilities, analytics, AI/M.
- You have working knowledge of an architecture framework - TOGAF, Zachman Framework. You understand the thought processes in architecture development.
- You communicate well. You are able to translate a customer's business need into technology capabilities that solve the issue. You are able to identify customer's business and technology blockers and unblock them.
Preferred Skills :
The VMware Solution Architect :
- Has a natural curiosity and intensity about new technology and is eager to dive deep into them.
- Is always experimenting and adopting better ways and ideas in solving customer problems.
- Has the trust of leaders and peers to lead strategic engagements with VMware's most important customers.
- Has built architecture practices, frameworks and content.
Category : Sales
Subcategory: Systems Engineering
Experience: Business Leadership
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2021-06-29
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.