New job Specialist ,SOX in Andhra Pradesh
Company : Invesco
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Andhra Pradesh
Job Title: Specialist, SOX
Summary Description: Responsible for managing and monitoring SOX controls and support SOX walkthroughs, liaison with Auditors for SOX Audits and Internal Audit. The incumbent would be expected to complete the assigned task timely and accurately. He/she would be involved in maintaining the documentation related to the existing SOX controls and update changes related to process and control owners. This role supports across North America, Europe and Asia-Pacific regions.
- Responsible for effectively planning and executing comprehensive SOX walk through sessions for Business units and Audit partners
- Obtaining an understanding of the business areas under review and ensuring the deliverables are met as per SLA
- Act as the liaison between Onshore team, GBS Hyderabad leadership and ensure effective escalation management and operational updates
- Evaluating and documenting the design of key controls
- Executing testing and completing work papers of high quality in accordance with Department standards
- Executing special projects as requested
On-Going SOX Management, Which Includes:
- Liaising with the business to ensure all SOX controls are implemented and facilitating certain entity-level or department-owned controls
- Explaining to both finance and non-finance staff the reasons (necessity) for all controls
- Ensuring all SOX controls are consistent across the business and any changes to the existing controls to be communicated to the Business units and updated in the SOX repository
- Investigating current control/procedure weakness within the business and suggest corrections.
- Increasing the efficiency and effectiveness of these controls/procedures
- Ability to compile/track information.
- Teamwork and communication skills – ability to work with others and communicate effectively (both email and verbal communication)
- Provides financial data schedules to support auditor and Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) compliance requests and including evaluation of annual SOX scoping based upon key financial data
- Aligning with audit partners on defining how to evidence controls operation and facilitating timely Evidence Gathering throughout the SOX evaluation processes
- Prepares reports for internal, government, or statutory requirements as directed
- Participates in special projects under the direction of the Director of GBS Hyderabad
Work Experience: 4 to 6 years of experience, specifically in Managing the SOX process; Experience with financial systems, preferably]y Oracle; BWise. Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite
Education/Training: A Bachelor’s Degree in Business is required with an emphasis in Accounting or Finance preferred. Auditing or Accounting course work preferred.
License/Registration/Certification: M.Com or MBA (Finance major) Preferred CA/CPA.
Critical Competencies required:
- Understanding of internal control elements; analytical skills; good interpersonal skills; good written and oral communication skills; highly organized; ability to meet strict deadlines; excellent customer service skills
- SOX experience is required
- Advanced excel skills
- Ability to handle confidential information