New job Scientist/ Assistant Scientist -Farm Solutions (COE) in Maharashtra
Scientist/ Assistant Scientist -Farm Solutions (COE)
Company : AgroStar
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Maharashtra
AgroStar is India’s foremost AgTech start-up with a mission of #HelpingFarmersWin through right advisory and solutions, powered by data and technology. It was started with a vision to solve two of the biggest problems in Indian agriculture - Lack of guidance for healthy and sustainable farming AND limited access to quality farm inputs for consistent and qualitative farming.
With technology at its core, we have built an innovative & sustainable ecosystem that includes products such as a customized enterprise sales solutions that map data of farmers' crop life cycles, India's first online farmer community, online agri-advisory with online shopping for inputs and an incomparable logistics solution for last-mile rural connectivity.
We have procured and partnered with leading national and international brands for major agri-inputs like seeds, crop nutrition, crop protection, and farm implements, that are needed for farming and we deliver them at the doorstep of farmers. Thus, our efforts at AgroStar are focused to become the driving force to equip our farmers with the power of knowledge to farm better and smarter, through technology and up to date expert advice.
The company is funded by prominent VCs like Chiratae Venture Partners, Aavishkaar Ventures, Bertelsmann, and Accel Partners. AgroStar is the winner of the Economic Times' Best Startup Award 2016, under the 'Social Enterprise' category.
In The Media
| Fortune | Economic Times | Agribusiness Global | Yourstory | Entreprenuer | Forbes
We are a team of highly motivated individuals, who are willing to push beyond the ceiling, initiate new ideas, and take challenges head-on. Apart from coffee, working in an extremely fast-paced, dynamic work culture is what we passionate souls thrive on. We ride against the tide as time is never enough and there’s always more to do.
Know more about our culture : Culture@Agrostar
Our mission of ‘Helping Farmers Win’ is a tall task as we try to bring change and development to the grassroots of India. We need heroes who are dedicated to the mission, live the dream and drive it with passion. If that sounds like you, here’s more about the role:
Agrostar Centre of Excellence will be consisting of a diverse team of subject matter experts including Entomologists, Plant Pathologists, Soil Science, & Agronomist . This team will be responsible for building best class content of agriculture and will serve as think tank of our organization. This team is going to create a big impact in Agriculture and key stakeholder in achieving our mission “Helping Farmers Win” by leveraging their knowledge.
The key responsibilities will include:
- Build scientific and practical content for various crops including agronomic intervention & understand of various cropping system.
- Prepare & revise State specific Package of Practices (POP) for existing & new states
- Review and streamline existing content to standardise all agronomy related knowledge which can be used across multiple channels
- Ensure quality training for CSR & operation team, Interface with external Industry & review & improve the trainings content for greater impact
- Help the marketing team in defining the USP of various private labelling herbicides and other products for greater sales & promotions
- Review and approve leaflets and labels of Private labelled products for commercialization
- Influence and engage with key stakeholders to gather information and drive actions in a highly collaborative manner.
- Regular interface with operations team to understand current challenges and provide instant solution.
- Develop effective protocols for seed treatment and other herbicide intervention for evaluation of our PL products.
As an ideal candidate, you will need:
- A Postgraduate (MSc/PhD) in Agronomy with 1-2 years of experience or a fresh candidate with outstanding knowledge of Agronomy subject.
- In-depth knowledge of herbicides with mode of action and their application in different crops, suitability and compatibility with other herbicides
- Deep understanding of various crop cultivation practices and ability for development of advance package of practices, Knowledge of GAP (Good Agricultural Practices) in various crops
- A sound techno commercial skills with knowledge of market segmentation of multiple crop in multiple states and need of these segmentations.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills and ability to conduct technical training of our crop advisors.
- A team player with demonstrated skills about working in a team environment and result oriented attitude.
- Must be having great interpersonal skills and networking with internal and external stakeholders especially, scientists in state agricultural universities and ICAR institutes across the country
We are looking for enthusiastic intrapreneurs who want to work at the ‘grass-roots’ level and want to make a difference to India’s biggest sector. We hope this excites you as much as us and looking forward to the next few conversations.