New job Public Private Partnership Specialist in Delhi
Public Private Partnership Specialist
Company : RTI International Global India Private Limited
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Delhi
RTI India is hiring a Public Private partnership(PPP) Specialist on the recently awarded USAID-funded South Asia Regional Energy Project.
Responsibilities of the PPP Specialist include, but are not limited to:
- Develop new models for PPPs and engage with the private sector to mobilize investments.
- Assist financial institutions to develop risk-mitigation strategies for clean energy projects.
- Develop capacity of financial institutions and banks to evaluate clean energy projects, as well as climate-related risks of RE and non-renewable energy projects.
- Support the development of financial mechanisms and partnerships that facilitate increased energy sector investment and mitigate risk for project developers, including blending financing and other risk-mitigation tools.
- Develop new PPP models based optimal risk-reward equation and considering international and domestic best practices.
- Conduct road shows and investor meets to seek feedback on new PPP models.
- Collaborate with utilities/regulators/organizations in testing and refining new PPP models through pilots.
- Assist PPL among other stakeholders to launch competitive procurements.
- Conduct pre-feasibility studies for future private sector investment opportunities.
- Support awareness building, technical support, and investment promotion activities that facilitate the private sector’s entry into the energy sector.
- Leverage private sector resources that are willing to partner with USAID to implement smart technologies.
- Support investment mobilization efforts by reviewing risk-reward frameworks, vetting bid and contract documents, and providing analytical inputs to develop/refine private sector engagement strategies in the energy sector, particularly in areas such as power distribution, smart meters, electric vehicles, energy efficient appliances/equipment, etc. Maintain a database of private sector firms and investor guidebooks and pitchbooks.
- Work with institutions such as NITI Aayog, Forum of Regulators, etc., in replicating successes at the broader level in India and South Asia.
- Prepare and author reports, research papers, articles documenting evidence and experience from pilots and other studies.
- Provide technical expertise on business models and financial products and services.
- Master’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, Economics, or a related field and 6 years of relevant experience including working on public private sector partnerships and private sector investment; or bachelor’s degree and 8 years of experience.
- Experience facilitating and negotiating public private partnerships across a variety of sectors, prior experience within the energy sector is strongly preferred.
- Well networked with leading technology players, financial institutions, and service providers.
- Prior experience working on a donor-funded projects is a plus.
- Demonstrated attention to detail, ability to follow procedures, meet deadlines and work independently and cooperatively with team members.
- Strong oral/written communication skills and ability to communicate at multiple levels in the organization.
- Ability to coordinate activities with officials from host country government, US Government, NGOs, and other agencies.
- Ability to build effective relationships with all clients, peers, and stakeholders.
- Ability to work hands-on, independently, and within team.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team-oriented setting.
- Experience in general business administration and financial management.
- English language proficiency.
Job Type: Full-time
- Day shift