New job Project Manager in Tamil Nadu
Company : ALSTOM
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Tamil Nadu
We create smart innovations to meet the mobility challenges of now and the future. We design and manufacture a complete range of transportation systems, from high-speed trains to electric buses, autonomous subways, signalling and digital mobility solutions. Joining us means joining a truly global community of 36 300 people dedicated to solving real-world mobility challenges and achieving international projects with sustainable local impact. www.alstom.com
About Alstom in India
Alstom has established a strong presence in India. Currently, the company is executing metro projects in several Indian cities including Chennai, Kochi and Lucknow where it is supplying Rolling Stock manufactured out its state of the art facility at SriCity in Andhra Pradesh. In the Mainline space, Alstom is executing Signaling & Power Supply Systems for the 343 Km. section on World Bank funded Eastern Dedicated Freight Corridor. Phase 1 in the construction of the new electric locomotive factory for manufacturing and supply of 800 units of 12000HP locomotives is also complete at Madhepura, Bihar while the depot at Saharanpur, Uttar Pradesh is ready to commence operation. Alstom has set up an Engineering Centre of Excellence in Bengaluru, and this coupled with a strong manufacturing base as well as localized supply chains, is uniquely positioned to serve customers across the globe. Today, Alstom in India employs close to 3600 people and in line with Government of India’s ‘Make in India’ policy initiative, Alstom has been investing heavily in the country in producing world class rolling stock, components, design, research and development to not only serve the domestic market, but also rest of the world. www.alstom.com/India
Job Title – Traction Projects Manager
Purpose of the Job
- To lead the team of Traction Sub-system Managers & achieve QCD commitments inline with Project & Platform requirements.
Job Location – RSC Coimbatore
Reporting to Head – Site Bids & Projects, RSC Coimbatore
Key Network & Links
EXTERNAL to Site : RS Project director / Manager, RS Core Project Team, Sub-system Managers of Design Authority, Engineering Design office & Traction Platform.
INTERNAL to Site : SSM’s, Site Functional heads (Industrial, Manufacturing, Finance, Quality, Sourcing and Supply Chain)
To lead the team of Traction Sub-System Managers to deliver timely execution of projects, including acceptance and satisfaction of the customer with optimized financial return.
QCD of the project and KPI PMT process:
- On Time Delivery (OTD site)
- Non Quality costs (CONQ)
- Support Traction drive reliability/availability (Contractual requirement)
- Bugdet action plan
- DFQ / MR on time (GR GO on Time)
- Problem resolution on time (8D)
- Customer complaints
- Ensure commercial success and satisfaction of the customer, taking into account the other interested parties (stakeholders).
- Put in place the detailed planning from Notice to Proceed to end of Warranty, in accordance with tender and
- To lead the team of Subsystem Manager’s for Traction projects to meet QCD objectives of Project.
- Organize the project and build the project team.
- Ensure clear definition of deliverables; communicate their goals to internal & external stakeholders. Allocate budgets.
- Ensure completion schedule while ensuring compliance with the quality objectives and cost for Traction Projects. Define Governance & formal status reports.
- Ensure strong Change & configuration management.
- Control of the budget, establishing financial reports ( MPR & CPR).
- Identify and manage variation orders as applicable.
- Ensure the Project schedule in PMS tools with the support of the Sub System Managers & Project Planning.
- Ensure material deliveries are in line with commitment with Sourcing & Supply chain.
- Ensure the resources necessary for the good execution of the contract/program are in place.
- Support reliability growth of the Traction Subsystem
- Identify and manage of the risks and opportunities.
- Provide relevant data to “metiers” for their workload forecast.
- Ensure that REX of the project is formalized and cascaded.
- Participate and/or manage continuous improvement actions for Traction.
- Take overall responsibility of Project Management Process for Traction Projects.
SKILLS & EDUCATION
Desired knowledge / Experience:
- Graduate Engineer (Mechanical/Production/Electrical) with 10 - 15 yrs of experience in Project Management.
- Project management (planning, organisation, delegation, follow up). Project Management certification will be added value.
- Having exposure to work with International team.
Behavioral skills & competencies:
- Rigorous, autonomy, pro-activity and Team leader;
- Enthusiasm and ability to motivate;
- Respect of the requirements.
At Alstom we offer you the opportunity to unleash your potential and reinvent yourself. As a future employee, you will have a unique opportunity to drive our organization forward, while continuing to build your career and contribute to the expanding growth of the global railway industry. More information about Alstom can be found at: www.alstom.com
Job Segment: Project Manager, Bank, Banking, Supply Chain Manager, Manager, Technology, Finance, Operations, Management