New job Program Manager in Tamil Nadu
Company : VOICE Trust
Salary : ₹87 - ₹140 an hour
Location : Tamil Nadu
VOICE Trust is a charitable NGO that been supporting grass roots community change since 1986. We focus on sustainable agriculture and environmental protection when helping farmers, women, people with disabilities, parentless or vulnerable children and disaster victims. We are committed to improving the efficiency and effectiveness of our projects.
The successful candidate will be responsible for planning, monitoring, and evaluating projects within the decided-upon budget, timeline, and scope. They will write reports on project activities in posts to social media and crowdfunding platforms and manage communications with grantors and other stakeholders.
Education and experience:
- Sufficient academic course work or job experience to demonstrate expertise in web research and report writing
- Degree or certification in program development, monitoring, and evaluation
- 1-2 years experience working for an NGO or working as a program manager in the private sector
- Certification in or experience with grant writing welcomed but not essential
Skills and abilities:
- Must speak Tamil and be able to write fluent and graceful English
- Must be able to competently use email, MS office apps, Google apps and mobile apps for collaboration.
- Must believe in the organization's mission and be able to rally the team as well as the beneficiaries for the cause in face of challenges.
- Must be a licensed driver
- Manage project activities, attend stakeholder meetings, monitor and conduct evaluations
- Develop new projects with clearly defined goals, objectives that identify measurable results that will indicate goal achievement, and for which there is strong evidence (based on past evaluations and literature search) that the project will achieve the defined objectives and that meeting those objectives will demonstrate goal achievement
- Post reports and updates on all social media and crowdfunding platforms.
- Work with Grant Proposal team to lay out a budget and project details for funding
- Maintain beneficiary and donor databases
- Write detailed project closure reports that can be used for future funding opportunities.
- Coordinate with a team with a diverse array of talents and responsibilities.
- Implement and manage changes and interventions to ensure project goals are achieved.
- Travel to project sites around Tamil Nadu as needed
Job Types: Full-time, Regular / Permanent
Pay: ₹87.00 - ₹140.00 per hour
- Flexible schedule
- Work from home
- Flexible shift
Work from home to the extent possible. Masks required of all participants during project visits.
Ability to Commute/Relocate:
- Tiruchchirappalli, Tamil Nadu: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Please name one project on which you had lead responsibility for monitoring and evaluation.
- total work: 1 year (Preferred)
- Tamil (Required)
- driver's license (Required)
Willingness To Travel:
- 25% (Preferred)
- Temporarily due to COVID-19