New job Program Coordinator II in Telangana
Program Coordinator II
Company : IFPRI (International Food Policy Research Institute)
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Telangana
HarvestPlus seeks a Program Coordinator, Commercialization of Biofortified Crops to support the joint team. The Program Coordinator will support a partnership between HarvestPlus and Global Alliance for Improved Nutrition (GAIN), aimed at scaling up the consumption of biofortified crops. The Program Coordinator will support the HarvestPlus-GAIN partnership to analyse, execute and monitor the activities under the CBC Program. This position is a one-year appointment and is renewable, contingent upon continued satisfactory performance and program funding. This position is based in Hyderabad, India. Interested applicants must be authorized to work in India.
HarvestPlus improves nutrition and public health by developing and promoting biofortified food crops that are rich in vitamins and minerals and providing global leadership on biofortification evidence and technology. HarvestPlus is part of the CGIAR Research Program on Agriculture for Nutrition and Health (A4NH). CGIAR is a global agriculture research partnership for a food secure future. Its science is carried out by its 15 research centers in collaboration with hundreds of partner organizations. HarvestPlus is based at the International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI) and collaborates with multiple CGIAR centers and partner organizations.
GAIN believes that everyone in the world should have access to nutritious and safe food. GAIN works to understand and deliver specific solutions to the daily challenge of food insecurity faced by poor people. By understanding that there is no “one-size-fits-all” model, GAIN develops alliances and builds tailored programmes, using a variety of flexible models and approaches. GAIN builds alliances between governments, local and global businesses, and civil society to deliver sustainable improvements at scale. GAIN is part of a global network of partners working together to create sustainable solutions to malnutrition. Through alliances, GAIN provides technical, financial and policy support to key participants in the food system.
The Program Coordinator will report to the Program Lead and will be working in close collaboration with the HarvestPlus team on activities including but not limited to:
- Contribute to regular reporting of the program progress including monthly, quarterly and annual reports in alignment with partnership teams and donor requirements
- Closely follow up with project partners responsible for implementation; provide technical assistance and ensure timely execution of project activities
- With support from the HarvestPlus team, facilitate the development of appropriate communication materials, technical documents, advocacy briefs and related materials to drive key project activities
- Set up a monitoring framework and develop associated templates as part of contribution to routine project monitoring
- Prepare and maintain performance dashboards for the programme
- Support in execution of the communications plan for the programme
- Support in executing the knowledge management plan for the programme.
- Support Finance teams at HarvestPlus headquarters on tracking budget utilization and proper financial reporting
- Assist in the coordination, facilitation and documentation of project governance team activities and meetings
- Bachelor's degree in agriculture, health, nutrition, food science or a related field, plus 3 years of relevant professional experience or a Masters degree griculture, health, nutrition, food science or a related field.
- Strong understanding of agri-food value chain, agriculture commodities
- Strong project management skills, including effective communication and decision-making abilities
- Fluent oral and written English language skills
- Ability to work independently, be self-motivated, show initiative, and work productively as part of a team
- Excellent organizational skills and systematic thinking that demonstrates good judgment, expert problem solving, and creativity
- Computer literate in MS Office
- A willingness and ability to travel extensively
- Eligibility to live and work in India (this is a local position)
- Experience in working with agribusiness sector
- Diploma or equivalent certification in project management
- Experience working in a global, multicultural organization
- Experience working within the private sector or working closely with private sector actors