New job Production Support and DevOps Engineer for Front Office in Karnataka
Production Support and DevOps Engineer for Front Office
Company : JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A.
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Karnataka
We are looking for a technical production support engineer who is a quick learner, great problem solver, critical thinker, has good communication skills, is hungry for learning both the business knowledge & tech skills and is an enthusiastic team player.
- Production support and Problem solving - Primary role is problem solving, application and infrastructure support for FX and Commodities business. It requires you to be a quick learner with good troubleshooting skills.
- Basic development and debugging skills - Debug production issues by digging into the application code (mostly Python), Writing support helpers and ad-hoc scripts, Reduce manual toil by automating the daily functions.
- Automation Design/Implementer - Innovate, design, implement and maintain automation strategies for a very reliable production system/flow.
- Capacity and Resiliency - Plan, manage, monitor and optimize the production related infrastructure (Linux hosts, Distributed computing, IBM MQ, Database systems, Network etc.) related capacity and resiliency management
- Collaboration - Role implies extensive collaboration with the developers, business users and global production management teams. It requires you to be an effective communicator and a team player.
- Minimum 2 years (and maximum of 12 years) of relevant industry experience.
- Minimum 2 years of experience doing production support, preferably in finance domain.
- Technically hands-on working with Linux, basic scripting and relational database systems.
- Very good communication skills and a self-starter, be able to work independently.
- Quick thinker, good problem solver and a fast learner.
- Programming in Python or any high level language would be a great plus.
- Ability to automate and build tools for improved productivity would be a plus.
- Project management and/or business analysis skills would be a great plus.
What do we do?
The CCEM (Commodities, Currencies & Emerging Markets) Production Management team is a DevOps modelled application support team responsible for the production support and stability & resiliency of the global CCEM applications. We are a truly global team of 40+ members with the presence in AMER, EMEA and Asia and we use follow-the-Sun model. JP Morgan is one of the top investment bank in the CCEM business globally.
In Bengaluru, we interact directly with the application developers, global PM teams, infrastructure teams as well as our business users. The CCEM business is a fast growing in Asia and it relies heavily on technology - agility and high availability (stability) of our application software. Our team's key focus is automation and tooling using DevOps principals that will continuously eliminate repeat work and enhances our productivity on YOY basis.
This job requires a decent mix of technology and business knowledge and provides a great learning opportunity in both areas for everyone. Our team is fairly technical as everyone is empowered to access and fix the application software (code and configuration) and develop tools, APIs and helpers for higher productivity. We deal with front office trading applications, risk management systems, pricing engines, client STP flow, middle office booking flow and various forms of complex infrastructure including distributed computing (CBB).
Why join Application Support team?
Working in Application Support means you'll use both creative and critical thinking skills to manage application systems that are crucial to the front office trading for JP Morgan's Markets business. You will be technically hands on, you will learn both new technologies (including programming) and new business concepts on a regular basis. You will develop problem solving skills, you will learn collaborating with key stakeholders and you will also get direct exposure to the live trading environment of world's largest bank. Finally, you'll have the opportunity to develop professionally and to grow your career in any direction you choose.
About J.P. Morgan's Corporate & Investment Bank (CIB)
J.P. Morgan's Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world's most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With nearly $20 trillion of assets under custody, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world. Working in CIB Technology
JPMorgan Chase & Co . (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.5 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at www.jpmorganchase.com .
Working as a Technologist in JPMorgan Chase & Co.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you're not just working at world's largest global financial institution - you're an integral part of one of the world's biggest technology companies. In 15 technology centers worldwide, our team of 50,000 technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $11B annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that are transforming the financial services industry.
J.P. Morgan is a place for talented people from all backgrounds and perspectives because our clients come from all backgrounds and perspectives. We encourage a culture of inclusion, where everyone's opinion. Learn more about our Business Resource Groups in how they help our employees build successful careers and reach their greatest potential.JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.