New job Procurement Data Specialist in Maharashtra
Procurement Data Specialist
Company : Maersk
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Maharashtra
Data stewards represent the functional Data owner who set standards for data and work in alignment with project SMEs to ensure data governance is implemented and maintained as part of toe WoW10 implementation.
The data owner defines the end-to-end data flow, for which the data steward ensures compliance and alignment with terminal and program stakeholders. Procurement Data Stewards are responsible for data integrity and data quality of procurement master data.
- In the WoW10 Programme responsible (or consulted where applicable) for data cleansing.
- Participate/execute in the Data Migration effort for IFS10 project implementations where applicable.
- Sign off on all functional templates (delivered by the MDM team), before any data load
- Support the Data Owner to create the Data strategy, execution plan and measurement
- Provide training around data to raise data literacy within the entities
- Classify and protect the data based on APMT policies and Data owner requirements
- Run day-to-day management of data, ensure data definitions, descriptions, attributes, etc. are fully comprehensive, fit-for-purpose and up to date
- Maintain and keep the Data Glossary up to date and confirm changes in definitions to the Data owner.
- Participation in business forums to provide data advisory and conduct training sessions when needed
- Review and update training documentation & process for Procurement Master Data processes, to enable cover of key tasks if required and provision of future training
- Review of Master Data related business processes and workflows, ensuring they meet the needs of the business effectively & engaging with stakeholders to steer changes as needed
- Continuous improvement of Global Procurement Master data own processes and related systems, to ensure efficient and accurate ways of working
- Support the analysis on change requests with possible impact on data domains and escalation to Data Owner when required
- Work closely with MDM Governance Team to establish Data Quality KPIs/metrics, ensuring high quality data is sourced and working to implement processes / remediate issues identified
- Oversee the implementation of Business Rules for data capture / creation / change / deletion and monitor Data Quality to ensure that it meets the stipulated quality targets
- Define Data Standards and Business Rules to ensure adherence to agreed Data Standards & quality targets, as well as define, and manage remediation where data quality targets are breached
- Collaborate with the Compliance Team to manage risk and compliance
- Acquire and maintain knowledge of relevant industry trends and tools to assist in governing data
- Key point of contact for Procurement Master Data across APMT entities
- Liaise with Finance Data Steward to ensure correct reporting of Supplier/Purchase Part information
- Resolve day-to-day Local Master Data queries and requests
- Perform actively and continuously data monitoring ensuring an efficient remediation process, communication to internal customers and issue escalation to relevant departments.
- Employee should be always on top of physical security of information, both hard copy documents and electronic files, as well as following the APMT rules for accessing to specific websites and not installing/downloading forbidden software.
- Physical safeguard of assets is a priority for APMT personnel.
- Employee should always comply on policies and procedures and make others aware about the compliance with the Procurement process
- Will emphasis through the Procurement Manager that all the purchases of goods and services will follow APMT Procurement Standards and Control manual.
- Compliance with Procurement policies and procedures under supervision of the Procurement Manager
- Good stakeholder management
- Close and active communication with all the Departments is necessary to comply on a timely basis with all of the commitments required in the position.
Please note that this position will be on initial contract period for 18 months and based on the performance will get converted to permanent.
We are looking for
Bachelor’s Degree in Purchasing or any career with accounting principles.
- Requires at least three years of Procurement experience in private industry, preferably in shipping, transportation or manufacturing industry.
- Ability to, independently and as part of a team, successfully complete assigned tasks with excellent result while meeting agreed deadlines
- High analytical skills and ability to understand a challenging situation quickly
- Ability to grasp information quickly and understand how the work ties into procurement processes
- Ability to make decisions and drive task completion in instances where absolute clarity does not exist
- Effective oral and written communications skills in Spanish and English.
- Knowledge of ERP systems: IFS; JD Edwards a strong plus.
- The incumbent requires a very high degree of ethical standards.
- Good understanding of Procurement principles and procedures.
- Good understanding of Data related concepts such as data aggregation, data normalization etc.
- Requires good analytical skills.
- Good knowledge of custom laws, rules, regulations, and procedures.
- Good knowledge of contract laws, and conditions.
- Good verbal and written communication skills including fluent in English and Spanish.