New job Prevention of Violence Against Women and Children- Training Coordinator in Maharashtra
Prevention of Violence Against Women and Children- Training Coordinator
Company : SNEHA
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Maharashtra
Job ID: PV|PVW- SM|FT| TC-01|21
OPENING FOR: TRAINING COORDINATOR
NAME OF THE PROGRAM: PREVENTION OF VOILENCE AGAINST WOMEN AND CHILDREN
ROLE REPORTS TO: ASSOCIATE PROGRAM DIRECTOR
JOB LOCATION: DHARAVI
ABOUT THE PROGRAM
SNEHA’s Program on Prevention of Violence against Women and Children (PVWC) aims to develop
high‐impact strategies for primary prevention, ensure survivors’ access to protection and justice,
empower women to claim their rights, mobilize communities around ‘zero tolerance for violence’, and
respond to the needs and rights of excluded and neglected groups. The Program prioritizes enhanced
co-ordination of the state response to crimes against women through a convergence approach that
works with government and public systems to reinforce their roles in assuring basic social, civil and
The scope of the program is to work on primary, secondary and tertiary interventions to prevent
ABOUT THE SAMAGRA PROJECT
The Samagra project looks at an integrated approach to respond to health needs of communities
residing in informal settlements of Mumbai and Bhiwandi with special attention on COVID-19 related
interventions. The project interventions are on increasing the utilization of family planning, maternal
and child health and nutrition services, counselling services and community interventions on
addressing and preventing gender-based violence. The project design involves supporting communities
take action and build resilience on the aforementioned issues and support public health systems
work in public health prevention programs
The role will entail trainings and capacity building of community volunteers, public health systems
staff, police and members of civil society organisations. The candidate will work in Dharavi, Govandi
and other MMRDA regions of SNEHA’s interventions. The candidate will work with other teams of
SNEHA: CHN, EHSAS, MNH and SNEHA Centre to provide training on gender-based violence and related
The Training Coordinator will be responsible to deliver the following work packages:
Work package I
1. Training community groups and volunteers on gender-bas that SNEHA works with from CHN,
EHSAS, MNH and SNEHA Centre programs of SNEHA.
2. Training health care providers, ICDS workers, and Community health volunteers associated with
CHN, MNH and PVWC programs.
3. Training of trainers from SNEHA programs.
4. Training the police on issues of gender and gender-based violence.
Work package II
1. Revise existing training modules to suit the needs of the groups to be trained.
2. Develop new modules to meet the needs of the groups to be trained.
3. Maintain an updated list of resource persons and experts in the area of gender-based violence
to be called upon when required.
Work package III
1. Process documentation of the trainings conducted
2. Develop simple training assessment and feedback materials for report writing
3. Basic analysis and report writing of the trainings.
Work package IV
Administrative and HR responsibility
1. Management of logistics of the training
2. Management of training budgets that includes budget requests and submission of expenses
3. Any other organizational responsibility
4. Ensuring adherence to SNEHA values, policies and guidelines
EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATION & EXPERIENCE
1. Educational qualification: MSW/ Master’s degree in Social Sciences
2. At least 3 to 5 years of experience of training
3. Proven ability to manage the training package independently
4. Effective presentation and communication skills
1. Unflinching commitment to social development field
2. Sound values and work ethics
3. A desire to learn and grow as a professional
Interested applicants can send their updated CVs to: firstname.lastname@example.org with Subject
line-SNEHA- PVWC-TRAINING COORDINATOR-DHARAVI