New job Operations - Asset Management Division - AM Alts Private Operations - Associate - Bengaluru in Karnataka
Operations - Asset Management Division - AM Alts Private Operations - Associate - Bengaluru
Company : Goldman Sachs
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Karnataka
Operations is a dynamic, multi-faceted division that partners with all parts of the firm to provide banking, securities, and asset management services to clients around the world. In addition, Operations provides essential risk management and controls to preserve and enhance the firm's assets and its reputation. For every new product launched and every trade executed, it is Operations that develops and manages the processes and controls that enable business flow.
The Asset Management Division (AMD) Real Estate Operations team is seeking to join the newly formed Real Estate Core Services team offering dedicated support for the high growth Real Estate investing business within ABD. This is an exceptionally diverse role that entails collaboration with global investing & asset management teams, Strategists, Engineering, Controllers, Legal, Risk, Credit, Tax, Compliance & across Operational groups to facilitate business that is multi-asset, dynamic and bespoke.
The Real Estate operations team members will become subject matter experts within Operations who play a critical role in establishing new processes, transitioning functions from other parts of the business whilst supporting bespoke and varied transactions. New products/ business, entity creation, trade support & settlement, asset servicing, infrastructure enhancements and cross-regional co-ordination are core activities. The scope of the role and team is expected to evolve and expand as functions transfer into the team and scope of the real estate investment mix changes.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS:
The Asset Management Division (AMD) invests in corporate equity and debt, real estate equity and debt, and infrastructure-related assets and companies. The Asset Management Private investing business operates on a global platform and our team works in a fast-paced, exciting environment. We look for individuals with versatile skills and a passion for investing.
This is an exceptionally diverse role that entails collaboration with Investing Professionals, Portfolio & Asset Managers, Capital Markets, Strategists, Controllers, Legal, Technologists, Risk, Credit, Tax, Compliance & cross Operational groups.
The successful individual will be expected to work in a team of professionals and be able to be commercial, critical & creative whilst ensuring the highest level of risk management.
- Gain an in depth & comprehensive understanding of a wide range of real estate investments, processes, bespoke transactions and corporate practices / governance
- Partner with the Business and Federation to provide subject matter and system knowledge expertise
- Support regulatory reporting for real estate investing portfolios
- Create and maintain investment reference data in a number of systems to support accurate trade and risk calculations
- General entity maintenance including registration and dissolution of entities
- Payment support for new investments and ongoing cash management functions associated with hard real estate assets
- Data management, including servicer data, rent collection and sales tracking
- Document and covenant collection, maintenance and dissemination
- Exhibit excellent judgement & problem solving skills, particularly in the context of a new team with or without existing precedents
Able to work well in a team environment, cross teams and regions
- 4+ years experience in a similar role.
- Confident in their verbal and written communication, especially with senior audience
- Strong problem solving and presentation skills
- High attention to detail
Innate curiosity and drive
- Candidate must be comfortable in a high pressure environment
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers.
We’re committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https://www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity