New job Leader, Regenerative Farming in Punjab
Leader, Regenerative Farming
Company : RoundGlass
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Punjab
You will be responsible for conceptualizing and leading the Regenerative Farming initiative in line with the vision for RoundGlass and would be responsible for identifying, implementing, and scaling programs that strategically, progressively, and systematically improve the agroecosystems (soil, water, and biodiversity) in targeted geographies. By driving adoption of participatory approach, you will work closely with local communities, especially farmers, to guide and enable them to gradually espouse highly contextualized yet leading edge regenerative agricultural practices that improve yields, build resilience to climate volatility, and provide avenues for holistic wellbeing and enhanced vitality for agrarian and stockfarming communities.
You will identify and work closely with relevant local communities, government, and other private / public entities to synergistically drive system-wide transformation of farmers from conventional farming to natural farming in conformity with principles of agroecology and regenerative agriculture. You will also be required to emphasize agronomic aspects of the program to reconcile sustainable use of natural resources with demonstrable improvement of communities’ wellbeing and livelihoods.
What you’ll do:
- Lead integrated efforts in driving research, policy advocacy and outreach to expand regenerative practices by leveraging innovative, contextualized, science-based mechanisms and a participative approach
- Project Management - structure, plan, coordinate, and monitor the implementation of project activities at the farm and landscape level in line with the initiative roadmap and AOP including management of people, budgets and contracts
- Evaluate the application of various ecosystem restoration and regenerative agriculture approaches to specific crop, farm, and landscape(s)
- Synthesize and translate technical data / information on agriculture, soil health, and climate change topics into actionable reports, training materials, publications, and presentations to various stakeholders
- Implement leading edge and innovative technology solutions to improve research design and operations success through use of relevant tools and methodologies
- Provide recommendations related to local and global agronomy best practices, including but not limited to carbon avoidance and sequestering, entomology, plant pathology and biodynamic practices
- Identify long-term opportunities for formulating sustainable linkages between regenerative producers of food / fibre with processing and distribution companies
- Work with cross-functional teams to continually identify opportunities for enrichment and augmentation of projects’ scope and impact
- Assess the impact of programs and initiative to continually improve process and outcomes based on feedback and learning
- Work with marketing and fundraising teams to showcase the program and milestones to raise funds for the initiative
Who we’re looking for:
- Masters / PhD in, Agronomy, Agriculture, Biotechnology, Environmental Science or equivalent with 10 -15 years of experience in related field with at least 3 - 5 years in a leadership role
- Strong knowledge of commercial agriculture relevant to specialty crops, field crops, horticulture, natural resource management, farm marketing, and farm business management
- Familiarity with integrated farming systems, concepts of sustainability and environmentally friendly, regenerative agricultural practices
- Ability to build relationships with farmers, ranchers, community organizations, government agencies, and non-profit organizations
- Proven ability of building programs and teams from scratch and taking them to scale
- Outstanding leadership capabilities, ability to communicate a compelling vision and drive results while developing a strong team
- Ability to work in a challenging, fast paced, results-oriented environment under minimal supervision
- Adaptable with a penchant for innovation and a keen eye for climate initiatives, regulatory environment, and debates in a fast-evolving climate policy context with willingness to learn on the fly.
- Experienced in translating ideas into impactful and actionable proposals for grants and fundraising
- Able to collaborate with and adapt to multi-cultural working environment and with diverse national and international partners
- Knowledge of voluntary carbon standards, GIS tools etc. is a strong plus
- Able and ready to commute to and/or stay in village
RoundGlass was built on the vision that wellbeing should be at the very center of our life journey. We are not only reimagining how the world experiences wellbeing, but how companies (like our own) support the wellbeing of their people.
We’re a group of talented, socially-conscious, gritty, innovators using technology and human energy to create a vibrant wellness ecosystem. Together, we’ve built an amazing community and we are always looking for people who share our passion. To learn more, visit our Website, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn.
RoundGlass does not discriminate against race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
We rely on legitimate interest as a legal basis for processing personal information under the GDPR for purposes of recruitment and applications for employment.