New job Lead - Test Bench Maintenance in Tamil Nadu
Lead - Test Bench Maintenance
Company : ALSTOM
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Tamil Nadu
We create smart innovations to meet the mobility challenges of now and the future. We design and manufacture a complete range of transportation systems, from high-speed trains to electric buses, autonomous subways, signalling and digital mobility solutions. Joining us means joining a truly global community of 36 300 people dedicated to solving real-world mobility challenges and achieving international projects with sustainable local impact. www.alstom.com
About Alstom in India
Alstom has established a strong presence in India. Currently, the company is executing metro projects in several Indian cities including Chennai, Kochi and Lucknow where it is supplying Rolling Stock manufactured out its state of the art facility at SriCity in Andhra Pradesh. In the Mainline space, Alstom is executing Signaling & Power Supply Systems for the 343 Km. section on World Bank funded Eastern Dedicated Freight Corridor. Phase 1 in the construction of the new electric locomotive factory for manufacturing and supply of 800 units of 12000HP locomotives is also complete at Madhepura, Bihar while the depot at Saharanpur, Uttar Pradesh is ready to commence operation. Alstom has set up an Engineering Centre of Excellence in Bengaluru, and this coupled with a strong manufacturing base as well as localized supply chains, is uniquely positioned to serve customers across the globe. Today, Alstom in India employs close to 3600 people and in line with Government of India’s ‘Make in India’ policy initiative, Alstom has been investing heavily in the country in producing world class rolling stock, components, design, research and development to not only serve the domestic market, but also rest of the world. www.alstom.com/India
ROLE: LEAD – TEST BENCH MAINTENANCE
NETWORK & LINKS:
- Production/Manufacturing / PME
- Sourcing & Procurement
- Supplier (Internal / External)
- Vendors / OEM
OVERALL PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
- Responsible for the Operation & maintenance of all test benches & relevant Utilities like Power systems & Earth pits to support the production to achieve the takt time.
- Planning and execution of Preventive & Predictive maintenance activites related to test benches.
- Spares management for the test benches.
- Monitoring all work being performed by outside contractors/suppliers for Test bench related activities
- Coordination with testing & manufacturing team on planning & execution of shifting of all testing facilities from current plant to new plant.
- Coordination with testing & manufacturing team on planning & execution of new test bench design & validation.
Qualifications & Skills:
- BE – Electrical / Electronics
TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES & EXPERIENCE
- Experience of 7+ years
- Experience in Test Facility management- Components Routine test (Voltage range AC- up to 1KV AC and DC - up to 3KV DC) Validation & Verification.
- Experience in Testing and commisioning of RS components and Test benches
- Experience and Troubleshooting skill in Traction and Auxiliary converter testing and test bench.
- Experience and Troubleshooting skill in Traction and Auxiliary Power module functional testing and test bench.
- Experience and Troubleshooting skill in RS looming and cabinets testing and test bench.
- Experience in RS routine test software tools MMAP, TrainTracer, Data plug manager handling and test program creation.
- Experience in NI TestStand and LabVIEW software programming and test sequence writeup.
- Experience in local statutory requirements & compliances
- Knowledge of Energy management technics
- Knowledge in ISO 9001, 14001, 45001 (OHSAS18001), ISO14001, ISO 370001, IRIS preferable.
Location for the role – Coimbatore
Travel - Flexible with national/international travels
Test Bench Maintenance: Core responsibility
- Creating the Preventive and predictive maintenance manual and schedule
- Preparing the Critical spare list from the test bench BOM
- RFQ floating to supplier for Test bench critical spares
- RFQ floating to supplier for Test bench AMC
- PR creation and PO process follow up for critical spares and AMC Performing the test bench maintenance periodically and record the reports
- Maintaining the test bench critical spares
- Test bench breakdown maintenance
- Coordinating with design team for test bench breakdown
Design phase: Supporting for the following activities
- Verification of received test bench documents
- Verification of Test bench BOM
- RFQ floating to supplier for materials and labor cost
- PR creation and PO process follow up for test bench materials
- Follow up supplier for test bench material delivery
- Design of new test benches based on test specification
Erection: Supporting for the following activities
- Planning the schedule for the installation activity
- Coordinating with supplier for erection activities
- Coordinating with TT and Design team for Test bench RFC points
Validation: Supporting for the following activities
- Verification of test bench low voltage and High voltage wiring with reference to the test bench scheme
- Commissioning of test bench with Design team
- Product validation with design team
- Product testing training after validation
- Product training to serial test team
- Test program and Procedure writeup
Other responsibilities are
- Developing contracts (O & M, AMC, and Ad-hoc Support) with scope of requirements and the KPIs.
- Drive energy culture & conduct workshops to identify & implement ideas to reduce energy consumption.
- Testing Projects & Expansion. Supporting for shifting of critical equipment’s of test benches from current plant to the new plant
- Power Utilization analysis & Optimization.
- Timely assurance of Test bench availability & coordination with internal stake holders.
- Contract Management
- Prepare for the OPEX Budget related test benches and submit
- Have strategic plan with indirect sourcing to have sustainable actions
- Perform SWOT analysis and have plan to mitigate the business risk and challenges ahead
- Establishing functional Business plan with aligned targets & regular review to improve performance on safety, People, Quality, Responsiveness, Cost and Environment.
- Ensuring PM& PdM schedule & adherence, Maintain the documents, SOP as per the APSYS requirements.
- Work within expense limits established as budget planned in OPEX
- Responsible for 24-hour emergency maintenance service as scheduled.
- Responsible for alerting/reporting the Senior Manager of any unusual occurrence and/or damage that have taken place or that may occur.
- Drive a culture of safety in the organization by leading safety programs and driving strict adherence to safety rules and regulations
- Lead a team of Mechanical/Electrical Maintenance Technicians
- Finding and fixing faults and recalibrating instruments.
- Overhauling and replacing parts according to schedule.
- Responding immediately to any manufacturing requirements related to testing.
- Special projects and other responsibilities as may be determined.
- Conduct Daily review meeting with team to discuss on testing plan, equipment conditions, issues and challenges.
- Technical support required on the maintenance site to achieve preventive &
Corrective maintenance (daily assistance, participation to courses as trainers…)
- Regular update to leadership on results and opportunities
- Good relationship with other depts
- Managerial experience with a team of 10 or plus resources
- Strategic view of team activities and development
- Result driven
- Leadership, able to share and transmit information and knowledge.
- Good problem-solving skills.
- The initiative to work on your own or as part of a team.
- An awareness of health and safety legislation.
At Alstom we offer you the opportunity to unleash your potential and reinvent yourself. As a future employee, you will have a unique opportunity to drive our organization forward, while continuing to build your career and contribute to the expanding growth of the global railway industry. More information about Alstom can be found at: www.alstom.com
Job Segment: Bank, Banking, Supply, Procurement, Finance, Operations, Research