New job Lab Technologist - Molecular Labs in Karnataka
Lab Technologist - Molecular Labs
Company : Sankalp India Foundation
Salary : ₹2,86,000 - ₹3,36,000 a year
Location : Karnataka
We are looking for a molecular lab technologist for our labs in the department of Pediatric Hematology and Oncology
- Regular, reliable, consistent DNA and RNA extraction from patient samples (Samples include blood, tissue, urine, etc.).
- Performing routine quality control on all extracted DNA in line with Standard Operating Procedures.
- Responsible labelling, storage and retrieval of samples at later points.
- Performing Real time PCR based assays. (Good pipetting skills - accuracy and reproducibility).
- Performing PCR followed by gel electrophoresis. Should be able to excise and purify gel fragments, as well as PCR products to elute clean DNA.
- Keeping record of all tests/experiments performed. (Experiments and data need to be recorded electronically on our in-house data management systems).
- Laboratory upkeep (regular testing of lab equipment, keeping track of consumables / reagents, coordination with Stores Manager).
- Sequencing Patient Samples (Sample preparation, analyzing results, and storing data).
- Participation in research activities (reading research articles/literature, participating in assay designing, suggesting pilot experiments and understanding the basis of experiments conducted).
- Participation in Quality Management activities (meetings, training, documentation, and testing).
- Regular care and maintenance of lab equipment, as well as verification tests to ensure proper working conditions.
- Regularly developing and maintaining Standard Operating Procedures on in-house data management systems)
- Bachelors and/or Masters degree in Biological Sciences.
- Laboratory experience (ideally in a Molecular Biology laboratory)
- Experience with Real-time qPCR (cDNA prep, Sample prep, Mastermix Prep, Data Analysis)
- Ability to learn new habits / techniques / skills
Expected Start Date: 21/6/2021
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: ₹286,000.00 - ₹336,000.00 per year
- Health insurance
- Rotational shift
Yes, necessary precautionary measures as outlined by WHO and Government of Karnataka/India are in place
- Bachelor's (Preferred)
- total work: 2 years (Preferred)