New job Document Control Lead in Andaman and Nicobar Islands
Document Control Lead
Company : Bechtel
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Andaman and Nicobar Islands
Requisition ID: 234978
Requisition Posting End Date: 06/14/2021
Multi-year UK nuclear infrastructure program for which Bechtel will provide PMO (including Project, Engineering, Commercial and Construction Management) services. This program involves a multi—billion investment in nuclear and non-nuclear facilities.
The job is likely to be executed through an NEC3/NEC4 target cost reimbursable/incentive fee contract.
This position requires engagement with personnel from multiple departments and disciplines including senior management, client, functional management as well as independent review teams related to programmatic controls for document control and records management.
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Provides operational supervision to document control personnel. Responsible for mentoring, professional development, performance monitoring, and input to salary planning.
- Coordinates with Office & Administrative Services Manager and Human Resources for recruitment and staffing activities. Prepares requisitions, conducts interviews and makes recommendations on desired candidates.
- Provides technical guidance and direction to the document control and records management teams.
- Write, update and maintain document control and records management programmatic plans, procedures, desktop work instructions, quality bulletins, master lists, training materials and associated documents including Records Retention and Turnover documentation.
- Evaluate and implement work process improvements in related areas of responsibilities.
- Conduct self-assessments related to assigned function which includes preparing written reports, documenting findings, weaknesses, observations, best practices, and lessons learned, present material to senior management board.
- Identify, respond to, and implement changes related to issues management actions; track assigned actions until closure including providing objective closure evidence.
- Ensure compliance with Software Quality Assurance requirements which includes document development, testing, acceptance, maintenance and operations for deployed software.
- Implement key automation tools needed to manage large volume records collections; interface with IS&T software development team to assist in implementing software upgrades to streamline work processes.
- Participate in the review cycle of all project-related procedures to ensure accuracy and completeness of records section.
- Ensure training compliance of document control team.
- Maintain InfoWorks database integrity by ensuring data entry is standardized, accurate, and complete.
- Determine work plans and strategies to meet department and project goals.
- Assist in development and monitoring of budgets and staffing plans.
- Participate in Six Sigma initiatives.
- Support special tasks associated with independent project reviews, annual peer reviews, etc.
- Strive to support Bechtel’s “zero-accident” philosophy through personal safe behavior/work practices and by being aware of surroundings and activities that may be potential safety hazards. Take steps to correct or minimize hazards.
- Ability to work additional hours as needed.
- Perform other tasks as assigned by managers.
- This position is open to United Kingdom (UK) Nationals only. UK/US dual citizens may be considered.
- This position is also subject to successful interview and agreement upon terms and conditions of employment.
- Degree plus six years of related experience. In lieu of degree, a high school diploma or equivalent and 12 years of related experience.
- Experience in document control and records management, including procedural work, customer interface, document control, records management and project close-out activities.
- Effective leadership, supervisory, and interpersonal skills.
- Proven ability to work independently and to exercise individual initiative.
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to compile, analyze and interpret data.
- Experience with managing large volume records collection including records management and turnover activities.
- Able to independently anticipate changing priorities, unscheduled work tasks and effectively flow down changes to work team.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; must be able to effectively communicate with project team members at all levels of the organization.
- Experience with managing an electronic document management system, such as InfoWorks including configuration management, actions, and administration modules.
- Knowledge of human resources processes related to hiring, performance feedback, professional development, etc.
- Professional customer service skills.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality and exercise a high degree of individual discretion, diplomacy, and judgement.
- Knowledge of Bechtel’s organization structure, functions, policies and procedures, industry and regulatory standards.
- Knowledge of Bechtel’s InfoWorks software.
- Experience with participating in internal and external audits, surveillances and assessments.
Grade 23: University degree in relevant discipline from an accredited university plus 1 year of relevant experience, or 7 years of relevant experience in lieu of a degree.
Grade 24: University degree in relevant discipline from an accredited university plus 3 years of relevant experience, or 9 years of relevant experience in lieu of a degree.
What we offer
At Bechtel we offer a competitive salary package with the opportunity for flexible working to achieve greater work-life balance. Employee wellbeing is at the centre of our business and Bechtel is committed to offering you the benefits and resources to live healthy lives. We can offer:
- Flexible Working
- Private Medical Coverage
- Life Insurance Program
- Pension Scheme
- Employee Assistance Program
- Long Term Disability Scheme
Bechtel’s Vision, Values and Covenants commit us to the ideals of fairness, diversity, inclusion, trust, and collaboration, among others. These values help define our culture, our way of doing business, and the positive impact we aspire to make in the world through our people and projects. At our project sites and offices, we have many colleagues from different nationalities, religions, and backgrounds working together to accomplish amazing things.
Shaping tomorrow together
Bechtel is one of the most respected global engineering, construction, and project management companies. Together with our customers, we deliver landmark projects that foster long-term progress and economic growth. Since 1898, we’ve completed more than 25,000 extraordinary projects across 160 countries on all seven continents. We operate through four global businesses: Infrastructure; Nuclear, Security & Environmental; Oil, Gas & Chemicals; and Mining & Metals. Our company and our culture are built on more than a century of leadership and a relentless adherence to our values, the core of which are safety, quality, ethics, and integrity. These values are what we believe, what we expect, what we deliver, and what we live.
Bechtel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, disability, citizenship status (except as authorized by law), protected veteran status, genetic information, and any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.