New job District Coordinator in West Bengal
Company : CRY - Child Rights and You
Salary : Details not provided
Location : West Bengal
Tenure: Position is contractual subject to renewal based on performance and continuation of the project.
Function/Division: Development Support
Location: South Bengal
At CRY – Child Rights and You, you’ll be using your professional skills and experience to help restore to underprivileged Indian children their basic rights to – survival, development, protection and participation. CRY has a holistic approach to development based on the child rights framework with community empowerment as a key ingredient. CRY also places strong emphasis on networking with other NGOs and advocacy efforts to influence macro policies for children.
Project Title: Strengthen Institutional mechanism and systems to prevent Child Marriage, Child Trafficking and Unsafe Migration in West Bengal
Description of Responsibilities:
The assignment will require you to liaison with district and block administration; prepare and implement a district Strategic Action Plan for preventing child marriages; draft policies and schemes related to child marriages in the specified districts and ensure its smooth functioning through regular monitoring and evaluation. A more detailed description of the work required to be performed by you is given below.
- Act as a point of contact for the implementation of Adolescents Empowerment project in the district as per the plan of action agreed upon between CRY and UNICEF
- Coordinate with district and state-level administration, UNICEF and other stakeholders like ActionAid, ICDS, DCPU, Health office for effective program implementation
- Participate in, and assist other UNICEF partners in conducting need based training for government officials on thematic areas at the district and block level while ensuring program efficiency
- Launch district level action plans to be updated timely and communicate the same to the State Program Manager and ActionAid regional office
- Monitor implementation of schemes and programmes at the district, village and block level
- Support the state M&E Manager in collecting required data including qualitative data such as case studies
- Conduct regular meetings with the State M&E Manager to ensure smooth functioning of the child tracking and MIS at district, block and panchayat levels and facilitate District Task Force Meetings
- Provide technical inputs, direction and capacity building support in the specified district
- Provide direction, inputs, recommendations for the strengthening of enforcement of all Acts & Policies/ Programme to related to adolescent empowerment district administration
- Take up any other work assigned by the state Program Manager and ActionAid Regional Office to fulfil the required deliverables
Master’s degree or a PG Diploma from a recognised University with a specialisation in Social Work / Social Science / Humanities / Development Communication, LLB / LLM
- 5-8 years experience in the field of urban or rural development, of advocacy and networking with the block, district and state administration in the arena of Human Rights/ Child Rights.
- Working Knowledge on the thematic area of Protection and having experience of working with and for the rights of adolescents will be an added advantage.
- Prior knowledge of, and working relations with the district administration
A strong command over the English and Bengali Language, both written and oral, and working relations with communities within the specified district is required. Competency in computer software such as MS PowerPoint, Word and Excel is preferred. A clear understanding of child rights issues, especially adolescent issues, schemes, legislation and policies and government implementation structures of the same is also required.