New job Communications Specialist in Delhi
Company : United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Delhi
- Designing and implementing strategic communication and advocacy to support the 2030 Agenda and to enhance outreach and engagements to strengthen programme communications both at the national as well as the state levels.
- Planning and executing communications need assessments for India CO (projects, country programme and corporate change initiatives, etc.) and ensuring that the findings are reflected in campaign and public advocacy strategies.
- Ensuring strategic implementation of the CO’s External and Internal Communications Action Plans, in line with the global and corporate strategic priorities.
- Providing guidance and advice on inclusion of communications in programme and projects designs and strategies.
- Identifying and assessing potential issues, concerns and risks related to communications and advocacy, and suggesting corrective actions to the Senior Management and Team Leaders.
- Ensuring regular media monitoring and analyzes, especially in the thematic areas related to the UNDP’s mandates and programmes in the country, as well as other issues relevant to the UNDP brand and positioning;
- Supporting the RR and Senior Management to highlight and promote thought leadership and managing reputational risks and crises around core issues.
- Ensuring that communication performance indicators are identified, incorporated, monitored and reported against, in line with the global and regional communications results matrix.
- Ensuring implementation of the CO publications strategy and plan based on the corporate publications policy.
- Building capacities of staff for better understanding of publication policies and guidelines so that all communication products align to the global UNDP branding and publication protocols.
- Identifying and development of select impact stories for publications and reports contributing to debates on key development issues.
- Coordination and management of all CO publication activities, including content management, norms for publishing, design, liaison with printers and other suppliers to oversee production and supervision of publications dissemination.
- Developing digital media strategy to enhance external and internal communications, audience engagements and outreach through UNDP India website, social media accounts (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, etc.), Intranet and on-line collaboration platforms, etc.
- Supervising and preparing content for the web sites and social media platforms to ensure high-quality content creation and strategic dissemination.
- Exploring applicability of new and emerging tools and techniques on digital communications and advocacy activities to reach a wider, younger and newer audience groups to expand UNDP’s networks.
- Monitoring and evaluating campaign and digital media engagements to improve strategies and enhance audience engagements.
- Planning and implementing strategic campaigns and outreach to position UNDP as a though leader within the development space.
- Promoting public information campaigns and key messages on SDGs and UNDP priorities and results.
- Promoting and disseminating corporate advocacy materials to promote UNDP’s flagship initiatives and publication, in collaboration with relevant partners and media.
- Ensuring strategic and increased media engagements to promote UNDP’s work in the country through media interviews, op-eds, feature articles, media partnerships, in collaboration with partners, Government and donors.
- Planning and hosting roundtable discussions, press conferences, briefing sessions, interviews, launch events, on priority thematic areas to promote public and media discourses.
- Forging of a “one UN” image through publicizing the significance of local UN reform efforts, joint programmes, common services.
- Initiating, collaborating and implementing of joint UN campaigns (UN Day, International Women’s Day, International Environment Day, World AIDS Day, etc.) with other UN agencies.
- Providing support to preparation of donor reports, especially with regard to communications results and commitments.
- Creating a regular dissemination plan to communicate on UNDP’s priority issues to create greater awareness.
- Ensuring timely and effective responses to inquiries for public information materials
- Ensuring close and timely supervision of all Communications staff for high-quality delivery, in line with the global and regional communications priorities.
- Building capacities of all Communications staff on reporting, media engagements, branding, social media engagements for constant upskilling.
- Ensure effective and smooth functioning of the communications including procurement and finance
- Identifying and synthesizing good practices, impact stories and lessons learned directly linked to programme country goals and activities for promoting them on UNDP’s regional and global channels.
- Monitoring theme-based and project-specific news and development in order to ensure guidance to the office that reflects the best and most current available information.
- Providing advice and support to UNDP inputs to CCA, UNSDCF, CPD and other documents.
- Providing sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice including corporate communications repositories and inter-UN agency networks.
Ability to make new and useful ideas work
Ability to persuade others to follow
Ability to get things done while exercising good judgement
Level 5: Catalyzes new ideas, methods, and applications to pave a path for innovation and continuous improvement in professional area of expertise
Important applicant information
All posts in the GS categories are subject to local recruitment.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.