New job AWM - Wealth Management - Private Banking Settlements- Associate in Maharashtra
AWM - Wealth Management - Private Banking Settlements- Associate
Company : JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A.
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Maharashtra
The primary objective of the Settlement and confirmations team is to take complete responsibility for all tasks involved in the settlement of Fixed Income and Equity deals in the Private Banks processing systems.
This role requires attention to detail, an awareness of the risks involved and an ability to work under pressure and to deadlines. You will support security types - equities and fixed income - in domestic and global markets, along with handling cash transactions (US and Global currencies). In this role, you will work in a team environment supporting a variety of other areas within the firm such as Front Office, Middle Office, Client, etc. Service, Custody, and Operations. This role requires attention to detail, an awareness of the risks involved and an ability to work under pressure and to deadlines.
- Transaction initiation and Settlements of Fixed Income and Equity deals for US Domestic and Global markets.
- Delivering and Receiving shares Free of Payment
- Follow up with the Custodian / Counterparty for the Failed Trades or Unmatched exceptions
- Monitoring and repairing of STP Rejects.
- Looking at the Pre matched report and settled deals report
- Following up with internal / external counterparty for un affirmed trades
- Do account allocation - moving securities from Domestic account to EURO CLEAR account
- Handle cross border trades and handle queries
- Coordinate with various Trade Support teams and the Middle Office team
- College Degree / Master Degree
- 7+ years of Banking / Cash Product / Securities / Processing experience in financial services environment.
- Responsible to manage a team of 10+ people including Team Leaders.
- Ability to manage operations in absence of AVP/VP.
- SME in Settlements /Admin functions and other support operations like, Asset transfer, DMP, Tax, etc.
- Effectively manages onshore relationship.
- Understands Risk and Controls related to process and is able to effectively manage it.
- Able to create subject matter experts in the team.
- Result oriented and able to create & manage high performing teams.
- Ensures team complies with service level standards for timeliness and accuracy.
- Able to coach and mentor members of the team.
- Maintains high level of Emotional Intelligence and Decision Making ability.
- Accuracy and attention to detail are mandatory
- Knowledge of the operating and compliance standards and audit requirements of the department.
- Worked in an automated Processing environment
- Knowledge of Investment products.
- Banking Operations experience required, Private Banking operations experience would be beneficial.
- Ensuring documentation is updated at all times
- Taking process trainings for new joiners
- Handling process queries escalation
- Client engagement
- Driving process improvements
- Building synergies across processes
- Ensuring MIS are completed as per the deadlines.
- Project Management
- Effective People Management Skills
- Process Management.
- Fair knowledge on LEAN tools, etc.
Preferred Skills & Experience - include specifics, as above
- Knowledge of Investment products - Like Equities, Fixed Income, Mutual Funds, etc.
- Knowledge of the operating and compliance standards and audit requirements of the department Banking Operations experience required, Private Banking operations experience would be beneficial.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.