New job Assistant Manager — Proposal Writing(Education) in Haryana
Assistant Manager — Proposal Writing(Education)
Company : Save the Children
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Haryana
Assistant Manager — Proposal Writing(Education)
Programme & Policy - Thematic
National Thematic Lead - Education
National Office, Gurgaon
Save the Children is a global non-profit organisation which was founded in the gear 1919. It is India's leading independent child rights NGO — with offices in 12 states of India. Save the Children believes that every child deserves the best chance for a bright future and that’s why we are committed towards ensuring that children survive, learn and thrive. We run programmes in the remotest corners of India and urban areas in the areas of Health & Nutrition, Education, Child Protection and Humanitarian Response, in order to provide quality education and healthcare, protection from harm and abuse and life-saving aid during emergencies to children. Globally, Save the Children is present in more than 120 countries and works to improve the lives of the most vulnerable children.
Programme & Policy function, covers Programme Implementation (with partners or direct implementation), Thematic
Expertise (technical knowledge in areas of specialization), and Policy & Programme Impact (advocacy, research, monitoring & evaluation, and quality). The function links grass-roots work with policy changes at the highest level, and manages an ecosystem of partnerships including, but not limited to, community organizations, donors, peer organizations, academic institutions, media, and the state. Each of the four hubs focus on programme interventions in two to three states, and the functional expertise necessary for adding capacity to and leveraging the work on the ground. The Programme Hub will support a cluster of states within the hubs i.e. North (Delhi, UP, J&K), East (Bihar, Jharkhand, West Bengal, Assam), West (Rajasthan, Maharashtra, Madhya Pradesh) and South (Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, Kerala, Karnataka, Tamil Nadu).
Programme design (Thematic expertise) is a constituent of the Programme & Policy function that focusses on our three breakthroughs / thematic areas of Health & Nutrition, Education, and Child Protection along with cross-cutting themes of Resilience, Gender equality, Child Poverty & Urban. Proposal Writer role is part of the Programme & Policy function, which contributes to the thematic verticals, focusing on developing quality proposals for donors- (Corporate, Institutional, HNI and Govt. & PSUs) in line with the organizational strategy.
The position focusses on developing high quality Concept notes and proposals for donors- Corporate and Institutional, HNI, Government & PSUs; in line with the Organizational strategy and donor requirements. This would require coordination with thematic experts and programme implementation teams by playing a critical role in the proposal development process.
Role & responsibilities:
Develop high quality proposals and concept notes under guidance of Thematic leads; in conjunction with the Resource Mobilization Team and Programme & Policy Team, to translate SC India’s organizational strategies, thematic priorities and in response to the donor request or to call for proposal.
- Conceptualizing and articulating the expected results of the proposed programme (following SC’s Theory of Change Framework‹) into the proposal narrative.
- Incorporate Evidence based inputs into the proposals through undertaking secondary literature review and field visits (as and when necessary).
- Support Award Management Team in maintaining the Repository for documents such as Concept notes, Proposal deck and formats/templates for donors and Save the Children India.
- Ensure cohesiveness between the proposal narrative, Log Frame Analysis (LFA) and the budget, in consultation with Awards team, Policy & Programme Impact (PPI), HR and Finance. Address and devise the proposal deck (proposal narrative, budget and LFA) as required.
- Submit final proposal narrative and (LFA to be developed together with PPI team) for approval of Thematic Leads and next steps towards onward submission, by ensuring that timeline set out during the proposal development calls are adhered to and appropriate escalations made in the case of anticipated challenges.
- Ensure the incorporation of the quality benchmarks in the proposal bg supporting the thematic lead/s and AMS team in developing Proposal quality benchmark, through research on innovative approaches proposal writing.
- Continuous maintaining of demographic and thematic database with the PPI team for ready reference during the proposal development.
Measures of Performance:
- # of proposals aligned with Quality benchmarks of SC India
- # of timely submission of proposal deck/Concept note to Resource Mobilization
- No. of concept note and proposals qualified different rounds and got final donor approvals
Approval of Authority:
Direct (solid-line) to (administrative): Thematic Lead
Matrix (dotted-line) to (functional):
Direct reports (line management responsibility if and):NA
Keg relationships: (Internal & External stakeholders)
Internal Stakeholders (collaborates with): Resource Mobilization, Awards Management System, Finance, Thematic Leads,
Project Teams, Policy and Programme Impact team, Procurement and Administration team, Campaign and Communication.
External Stakeholders: Consortium members, wherever applicable (along with SC India RM team)
Min. 5 years of experience in the Development sector with at least 3 years in demonstration of writing winning proposals.
Experience of working in Programmes management
or Resource Mobilization
Experience working on Child Rights issues
Post graduate degree in social work/social
sciences/Development Studies/public policy/rural development
Skills & Knowledge
Thematic Understanding of development issues, particularly in relation to child rights
Ability to assess/ evaluate proposals and reports and make technical recommendations for improvement
Social development programming
Good administration skills
and ability to multi-task.
Understanding of Results Based Management, Financial and budgetary control, Program management
Interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills
Good personal organizational skills, including time management, and ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure
Fluency in written and spoken English
Understanding of donor compliance
Leading and inspiring others
Developing self and others
Problem solving and decision making
Innovating and adapting
Communicating with strategic vision/ clarity
- Commitment to and understanding of Save the Children’s aims, values, and principles is essential along with the willingness to abide by Save the Children’s India’s Code of Conduct and Child Safeguarding Policy.
- Save the Children aims to be an equal opportunity employer. We welcome all applications irrespective of age, race, colour, gender, disability, sexual orientation, religion, belief or creed. Women candidates are encouraged to apply. We are also open to applications from people who want to work flexibly.
- Recruitment and selection procedures, which include rigorous background checks, reflect our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
The role holder wilt not have contact with children and/or young people, or access to
personal data about children or young people, as part of their work; therefore a police check will not be mandatory unless the content or location of the role changes, in which case the Child Safeguarding level will be reviewed.
Either the role holder wilt have access to personal data about children and/or young people
as part of their work; or they will be working in a ‘regulated’ position (accountant, barrister, solicitor, legal executive); therefore a police check will be required.
The role holder wilt have contact with children and/or young people either frequently (e.g.
once a week or more) or intensively (e.g. four days in one month or more or overnight) because they work in country programs; or are visiting country programs; or because they are responsible for implementing the police checking/vetting process staff.